The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HELP! Guitar Rig in Cubase LE wont work. Audio Interfaces
Old 11th September 2007
Here for the gear

HELP! Guitar Rig in Cubase LE wont work.

I am new so Im bound to make mistakes, I have a laptop with RME Fireface 400, works no problem. But... cubase LE,
Im getting "ERROR-A serious problem has occurred. Please save song under another name & restart cubase.exe. If problem persists contact tech support."
every time I try to add Guitar Rig as an insert effect.
If by chance anyone has any ideas Id be greatful.
Ive heard that U can download SX 3 with a hack so U dont need a dongle. But seems the peeps have alot of trouble to get it working. Im already having enough trouble with the LE . IN CASE.. i have to look for another program-Heard that Traktion is good for beginners why are there so few people talking about it? Is it a good value? Any advice?
All the best Michel (auf Deutsch scrieben, ist auch kein problem)
Old 12th September 2007
Here for the gear

I'm not familiar with LE, I run SX, I use Guitar Rig as an insert on input when recording my track.. GR uses alot of CPU power, sometimes lesser systems crash trying to run it with a recording program... the only thing about using this method is you are committing to a sound.... if I try to run it as a directx plug I crash SX as well..... I'm not real tech savy so I don't have anything to try as a quick fix... good luck... btw Guitar Rig Rocks!!

Peace!
Kenny -~~~~
Old 13th September 2007
Here for the gear

Kenny,
" I use Guitar Rig as an insert on input when recording my track.. " Can U run me thru it how do U do it. Ive been trying to go:
Devices
Device Setup
VST Multitrack (U Can also choose instead of the audio interface NI Guitar Rig but this doesnt seem to help)
F3 opens mixer
E opens VST channel settings
when I try to add Effect directx - NI guitar rig I get
"ERROR-A serious problem has occurred. Please save song under another name & restart cubase.exe. If problem persists contact tech support w how U creat this problem, and created the file C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase LE\Cubasele.LOG."

Thanks M
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search