The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Spectre...Anybody using it with Pro Tools & Mac Pro??? DAW Software
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Spectre...Anybody using it with Pro Tools & Mac Pro???

I feel in luv when I first saw it. It's going to be a RTAS plugin as well. Really outstanding graphics and not to bad of price. I was looking for a Pro Analyzer for mixing because I'm in this new room and haven't gotten use to it yet so I needed a little help. Downloaded the Spectrafoo and for some odd reason it was off by 500 cycles. Weird but, when I tried other Analyzers they all were ok. So please be careful if ya using Spectrafoo.
This plugin looks a whole lot better to me at least and lots and lot of different analyzers that come with it. Much more than Spectrafoo even which was surprisingly cool.
After I tested it and bought it I was doing some other test and messed up my setup for using this program with Pro Tools. Trying to rememeber how I had it hooked up totally but, I know I had the 192i/ogoing out from the Optical(Spdif) to the Mac Pro Optical input. The Mac Pro see's the audio but, can't seem to get the Spectre to see the audio.
Man, I wish they had the RTAS plugin already out.
Anyway, I would love to hear from anyone else in how they use it so I can try it. Or if anyone know a much better way of hooking this up, that would be great. I emailed the company about it so, let's see how fast they respond and how good the tech support is.
I really hope this works out.....

M2E..
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Sorry, Forgot to add the link...

Audiofile Engineering

M2E
Old 8th December 2007
Gear Head

spectra

Hi M2E,

i know its a little bit late to respond, but .....

i am running logic pro on my g5 and on my macbook "spectra".
i decided to connect them only by using Apple´s AUNetReceive Audio Unit (inside Logic) to send my, in this case, "main outputs data" via ethernet to my macbook to analyze it with "spectra".

its easy to configure (just check your manual for more details.)

it works like a charme and in realtime.
hope this will help a little.

cheers
Gordon

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search