The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
since 10.4.9 eject button isn't working right!!!
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

since 10.4.9 eject button isn't working right!!!

Everyone that I've talked to sais since upgrading to at least 10.4.9 the apple eject button is dodgy. You have to hold it down for at least a second for it to work.

Anybody else?

They just released pro app support today, but I'm afraid to upgrade anymore!
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Head

same here,...

even on OSX4..10 still sluggish.

OSX.4.10 killed my MIDI drivers (emagic V1.7)

never touch a running system,...

Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear
yes on the eject button issue; very frustrating.

and as for the midi, i've noticed that since the last update i get random reset messages sent to my unitors from the computer, which take out the faders on my logic controls during the middle of sessions. really bad. is there a way to undo this problem? i can't work this way without wanting to throw it all out the window.
Old 9th September 2007
That's a feature not a bug... meaning it was an intentional change.

Rail
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumSamples View Post

Rail
I'm guessing that Steve Jobs kept accidentally ejecting his CD's when reaching for his cup of coffee.

Otherwise I'd file that under the most totally random software update of all time.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:

Rail
it's not the biggest deal, just a little strange when you've become accustomed to "hair-trigger" eject-button response!

anyone have any thoughts about how one remedies the midi issue, though? where do i go to download and install the last version, or "uninstall" the latest update?
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Rail
Reminds me of OS9. dfegad
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Head

reinstall the driver

well, if you reinstall the MIDI driver it should be ok ! at least it did work for me !

best, imusic
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illynoise View Post
Everyone that I've talked to sais since upgrading to at least 10.4.9 the apple eject button is dodgy. You have to hold it down for at least a second for it to work.

Anybody else?

They just released pro app support today, but I'm afraid to upgrade anymore!

For me his a great new feature for Logic Audio and Nuendo. Everytime when i am recording myself playing guitar, i hit the eject button often when hit the record button "*".

Great for me...... ;-)
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

he guys.

it is very simple

only hold the eject button for very few moments longer!

with this change you will not again eject a cd when you hit the button by accident!

ONLY HOLD IT SOME MOMENTS LONGER!!! ITS NOT A BUG!

:-)
Old 9th September 2007
On a MacBook the Delete key and the Eject key are right next to each other... a lot of folks hit the eject when meaning to hit delete... Hence the change.

Rail
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by imusic View Post
well, if you reinstall the MIDI driver it should be ok ! at least it did work for me !

best, imusic
do you mean the unitor8 control software, or the entire osx system, or is there something i'm missing? i looked at apple's site in support for "osx midi driver" and "logic midi driver" to no avail.

would appreciate your helping me out a bit more with this; serious thanks in advance for the time and hassle of pointing me in the right direction.
Old 10th September 2007
i have this problem on my G5, i figured it was because i'm using an external system drive. can't eject drives from the finder window either, i have to use Disc Utility. if i want to open the tray, i have to do it in iTunes or Toast - WTF?

my G4 powerbook is unaffected though, thought it was because i use the internal HD on it....? both running 10.4.10

not pleased.
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by vixapphire View Post
do you mean the unitor8 control software, or the entire osx system, or is there something i'm missing? i looked at apple's site in support for "osx midi driver" and "logic midi driver" to no avail.

would appreciate your helping me out a bit more with this; serious thanks in advance for the time and hassle of pointing me in the right direction.
bump

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search