The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Master of mixing needed for advice DAW Software
Old 8th September 2007
Here for the gear

Master of mixing needed for advice

Att: all interested parties

I think this might be an efficient way to upgrade the mixes of the songs I have worked so hard recording and arranging using Samplitude. I have hired various engineers but most are used to working in, you know Pro Tools, Cubase, Sonar, So I act as the interface. So while I have learned a lot the more I learn the more I realize I need to learn. I'm thinking if I had a someone that really knows Samplitude that would be a big plus. But either way, someone with good taste and great engineering skills would be incredibly helpful to me. The fundamentals of skilled engineering are the same no matter what program you use. It is a lot easier to send a complete Samplitude project instead of bouncing all the tracks but that is certainly possible. Of course you have to also be into type of production sound that I am into but you can check out the Power Pop, Sunshine Pop, Garage/punk/New Wave Styles that I work in.

Below are links to where you can hear the clips and read my influences.

MySpace.com - MELLOwROLL - NYC, New York - Pop / Powerpop / Rock - www.myspace.com/wwwmyspacemarc

MySpace.com - Bleep - NEW YORK, New York - Pop Punk / Garage / Powerpop - www.myspace.com/bleep9

It would also be helpful if you have the same plug ins. The Uad 1 card(I have 2) with the ultra pac plug ins. I also have the Waves bundle of plug ins. That way I could replicate things you do or use advice you are giving me. I could also study the settings you use which would be a huge plus. But I understand the concepts are still the same no matter which plugs you use. But there's gotta be a lot of people with UAD and wave plug ins….right

I also use BFD for midi drum tracks created on a Roland td6 KIT and it would be really good if you knew that.

So if you are really experienced in using compression, Eq, Reverb and using them with properly routed sub busses and aux busses and putting the right effects and processing on the correct busses please contact me.

Also your advice about stem mixing and mixing differently if I'm having it mastered. Or how good can I master it myself.

I know it's a bit like I want to have an instant method to make my songs sound great and mixing and engineering is a very complex craft that takes years of learning, experimenting and practicing methods to get great sounds.

But…..I'm one of those who are more interested in, and better at the song writing, arranging, musician part of the process.
Not very technical or mathematical at all. I am trying to learn more and more. I've found that I have just too many songs to hire engineers and its not financially viable. So I have come to the realization that the ability to do it all myself opens up a world of possibilities. I've found from first hand knowledge how steep the learning curve is to really be a fist rate engineer and really respect and admire those with the tenacity to get to that point.

"Doing it all yourself" gives you freedom but does create potential problems. Having another set of ears and ideas and input will certainly help create better tracks…so that's where you come in.

So with my songwriting ability and your production and engineering skills perhaps we can turn out some really awesome sounding tracks that people really enjoy.

That's the whole point of this …..right

I'd be eternally grateful and the credits you deserve for helping me will be in big bold letters on the CD, in my bio, my PR and anywhere else I can post them. Payment is also possible.

Thanks so much for just reading this.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search