The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Taking my PTLE plugs to an HD studio
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Taking my PTLE plugs to an HD studio

Sorry for all the LE --> HD threads I've started........however, here's one more.

The studio I'm mixing at only has 24 outputs, so I'll have to mix about half of each song ITB. Therefore I'll need a few decent plugs for getting things to sit.

This will be the first time I've tried to take my ilok to another studio, so please forgive me.

I'd like to take my Waves SSL, Massey CT4, TL Space, and soon to be purchased Massey TD5.

Should I just get on the web at the HD studio and download these plugs? Or do people usually burn a data CD?

Also, FYI, the TL Space plug was from the Music Production Toolkit.

Anyone foresee any issues?
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'd burn a CD, it's a safer option. The studio's net might be down, or the websites might be funky at the moment, or...

plus you'll save some time.

Cheers
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Just burn a copy of your plugin folder to CD (it should fit unless you really have pluginitis) and take your ilok with you. Copy the ones you need into their plugin folder, plug in your ilok, and Bob's your uncle.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improv View Post
I'm curious though... how do you have Massey plugs on an LE system?
???????

All the Massey plugs work on LE/RTAS.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknocker View Post
???????

All the Massey plugs work on LE/RTAS.
I realized that after posting it... and edited that out as you responded, speedy

Weren't they originally TDM only? I'm out of touch... and apparently need to go shopping...
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Weren't they originally TDM only? I'm out of touch... and apparently need to go shopping...
Al I know is that I couldn't live without them anymore, especially teh EQ and mostly so the Compressor........
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just burn a copy of your plugin folder to CD (it should fit unless you really have pluginitis) and take your ilok with you. Copy the ones you need into their plugin folder, plug in your ilok, and Bob's your uncle.
So are you saying that I don't actually have to go through any "install" process with any of the plugs. I can just copy my plug folder directly to a CD and then drage 'em off the CD into the HD systems plug folder? If so, then that's pretty damn awsome.

As far as non-ilok plugs go, the Massey stuff for instance where it's a challenge and response kind of thing, how do I get those fully working on the other system?

Thanks again for the help on such a newbie topic.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search