The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Installing Komplete 4 on two different hard drives
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Head

Installing Komplete 4 on two different hard drives

Is it possible to install the applications on the System drive of my G5 and then have the sample libraries on an external drive?

If anyone knows how to install Komplete 4 in this way, please share your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniks View Post
Is it possible to install the applications on the System drive of my G5 and then have the sample libraries on an external drive?

If anyone knows how to install Komplete 4 in this way, please share your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.
I just did that with my new/refurb imac. I formatted an externa drive with hfs+ and created a sample folder on that drive.

I used the Komplete installer to do a custom install of just the apps, then I installed the sample libraries and pointed them to the external drive. It was pretty painless... except for having to upgrade all of the programs to universal binaries, and get new serial numbers for various peices, and so forth.

I did run into a problem with elektric piano. I think I moved the directory. The plug in version didn't let me point it to the correct directory. All I needed to do was to open the standalone program and point it to the right directory in that.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Head

Just watch the video on the DVD 1 ( Inst DVD ).

They explane everything there.

Good luck!
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Head

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm almost done installing all the samples on my external drive. Hopefully after activating everything, all will be running fine.

On a diferent note, Komplete 5 is coming out, just as I got 4...oh well, that's how it goes.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

I hadn't actually been able to use Komplete 4 until I got my mac. (I've actually had it for sometime now via the KC2006 debacle (hey--free copy of Massive.))

I was running a win2k box, and for some reason, NI decided to make K4 inoperable as plug-ins on win2k.

So I could upgrade to winXP--and do the processor thing, or try mac at this time.

I chose to try the mac route.
Old 7th September 2007
jho
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soniks View Post
On a diferent note, Komplete 5 is coming out, just as I got 4...oh well, that's how it goes.
What? I just got a new Receptor with Komplete 4 installed... they just started advertising it. I'll be pissed if K5 comes right out.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Komplete 5 is due out this winter, before Christmas I think. Sweetwater has been selling it at $499, but told me before I bought (because I asked) that version 5 was coming. It was still a good deal as the upgrade should be around $300 or so. Sorry to bear bad news....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search