The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tranzport help Control Surfaces
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

Tranzport help

I'm using Tranzport with Logic Pro. The link light is on and tranzport is receiving info from logic. However, I'm unable to get Tranzport to do anything. What am I doing wrong?
joe.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

More info would be helpful.

Does the display on the Tranzport have the info from Logic showing up?
Have you checked with the Tranzport icon and made sure it is on the proper setting?
Do you have the latest driver (check the website)?
What happens when you press the buttons on the Transport?

Sorry this doesn't have much help but you didn't leave much info to work with.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Sometimes this device can be a little "tricky"...

If you think you've correctly done the basic steps (installing, user guide, etc.) my advice is: go to the website forum, there are a lot of questions and replies there, use the search function putting "logic".
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

Sorry. Here's a little more info.
The display on Tranzport does have the Logic info. It's on the proper setting also. I have the latest driver installed. When I press the buttons on Tranzport nothing happens.
Hope this is enough to go on.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Sounds like abinding issue

http://www.frontierdesign.com/forum/...ic.php?pid=916

Peace
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanasan View Post
Sorry. Here's a little more info.
The display on Tranzport does have the Logic info. It's on the proper setting also. I have the latest driver installed. When I press the buttons on Tranzport nothing happens.
Hope this is enough to go on.
This actually sounds like Logic is confused about your MIDI controllers. This happens to me sometimes if I run Logic without my MIDI keyboard, or the Tranzport connected on startup. Or sometimes plugging them in after loading a session.

Anyway, you need to reset your controller defaults. I think the function is found in File>options>controllers (maybe?) I'll have to check my menu's again since I haven't had to do this for a while.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Addict

Thanks for all your help troops. Did the reset controller default thingy and everything is working well.
joe.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

If you have other USB deveices connected that you regularly use with Logic... make sure they're on before turning the Transport on. I've found that having other USB devices (that are recognized by Logic) off can cause Logic to alter the controller preferences when you activate the Trasport. Once I realized this, I've encountered no more problems.

-SD
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Frontier Design Group / TranzPort:User Forum

Ask the question in the Tranzport user forum. The folks at Frontier Design are good at answering questions quickly.

Last edited by Petimar; 6th September 2007 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: bad spelling
Old 6th September 2007
try this go to prefences- control sufaces - setup. You should see an icon with your transport. Click on it then go to the parameter box and reset the ports back to tranzport.
They probably say tranzport, it doesnt matter, select a different port and then reset it back to tranzport. Do this with the in and the out
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search