The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Daily Logic Crashing....... MIDI Processors
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Daily Logic Crashing.......

10.4.9 to blame? Ever since I've installed this, me and my other studio partner have had nothing but trouble. We both have G5 based systems. The Intel machines don't seem to be doing bad on it. A lot of crashes on new songs, spinning wheel of death, that sort of thing.

Anybody else?
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Poor boy......

only the "normal" Logic trouble here, nothing new. Maybe you have problems with some of your AU Plugins....I had troubles with my Waves Plugs, they changed my colours in Logic (many shades of black and the V Bundle didnt worked right). I tried everything,like reinstall, trashing prefs, etc. Nothing helped, so i decided to make a new clean install on my Quad PPC on a second drive.
That takes a long time to install everything, that is the reason why i installed on a 2nd drive. When i had free time, i installed - and when i had to work, i switched back to the old System. After days the new system was ready, everything was installed and authorized.

Try a new Install on a fresh Drive, and make a smooth change from one System to another.

...only my little hint and maybe it helps you

Greetings from Berlin, Mathias
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

which version of Logic are you using?

10.4.10 is out now, I recently installed a few systems with this and Logic 7.2 and they work fine, they were Intels (and I did have some problems with Unitor 8's and Rewire) but Logic was great.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search