The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
audioMIDI.com - anyone had a bad experience with them? Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

audioMIDI.com - anyone had a bad experience with them?

Has anyone on here had a less than stellar experience buying online with audioMIDI.com?

On Friday 31st I ordered some software with them, to be delivered electronically, and they still haven't come up with the download info & serial nos. After an inquiry I got an email from them saying that as I was a first time international customer they required up to 24 hours to authorise my credit card. I'm 96 hours into giving them my loot, still with no sign of the software, and starting to get just a little bitt pissed off...

I'd love to know if anyone's had a similar experience?
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid View Post
Has anyone on here had a less than stellar experience buying online with audioMIDI.com?

On Friday 31st I ordered some software with them, to be delivered electronically, and they still haven't come up with the download info & serial nos. After an inquiry I got an email from them saying that as I was a first time international customer they required up to 24 hours to authorise my credit card. I'm 96 hours into giving them my loot, still with no sign of the software, and starting to get just a little bitt pissed off...

i think audiomidi are great though they can be a little slow sometimes. one thing that does irritate me is that they have never replied to an email about a product or purchase i have queried about!!

With electronic delivery they need to arrange the serial's or ilok asset from the manufacturer. they also don't process over the weekend! a woman who is only in in the week processes these. one thing i did learn was never purchase late thurs or friday as you may not get it till monday or tuesday. if you're not in america then time difference is not on your side either. they always deliver though!

if you need to communicate then best to phone them, don't email
Old 4th September 2007
AB3
Lives for gear

Please let us know what happens today when they are open for business again. They may be closed on Monday for Labor Day in the U.S. Also, the last purchase I made from them was just before the weekend so I had to wait until after the weekend to get the authorization numbers. However, they did not actually take the money from my credit card until after the weekend.

They have always been great on the telephone in last purchases.

Quote:

Old 4th September 2007
Quote:

What did you buy?

Some electronic-delivery-only stuff isn't immediately dispatched, for example, I recently bought the Soundtoys native bundle from them - they just pass your info to Soundtoys who then send you the iLok auth. There was a 48-hour delay, but not because of audiomidi, because of Soundtoys just taking that long to process the registration, so the fault might not be with them.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

A bit old and drawn out over a long period of time but...

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-...omidi-com.html
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

boils down to good price, they always deliver; could be delays and email support is CRAP

i bought loads of stuff from them but from now on i'll rather deal with Tony Belmont here on Gearslutz. his prices are good and replies to emails quickly.

i haven't bought from him yet though but will soon once i decide what i want!
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

audiomidi had a 10% off everything sale yesterday only. I almost bought a pair of dynaudio BM6Ps for $720 instead of $800.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the replies.

macleodgrant, I've got to agree, every transaction I've done with Tony Belmont has been quick and stress free. And compared to the EU / UK prices, his pricing makes the mind boggle. Which is what caught me out here - I ordered the Camelspace bundle, which audioMIDI had on offer. Total saving compared to the UK? - around $50. Not much of a saving though, if you don't have anything in your grubby mitts to show for it.

e-cue, that's a depressing tale you had to tell. Hopefully mine isn't going to get into that league. I wouldn't be so pissed off if they would at least be upfront about the 24 hour wait on their website. They've gone to the trouble of including an 'International Customers FAQ' on the site. Why not go one step further an fill it with information that might be relevant to an irate client? dfegad

I'll post again if things get resolved. Or not....
Old 4th September 2007
The long weekend probably slowed them down - yesterday was Labor Day... so banks were closed.

Rail
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Got my Metric Halo 2882 from them a while back, came all the way across the country in a week. So that means no problems from them!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Been buying from them probably about four years now..had one 'bad' experience.
I live in Jamaica but have all my stuff shipped to an address in Florida.
My girlfriend bought me a Korg keyboard for my xmas and Audio Midi shipped it to Florida, per her instructions, but they sent the wrong one. She obviously didnt' know it at the time, but on xmas day when I opened it I realised the error....yes I was disappointed. BUT Audio Midi shipped the correct one to Jamaica, paid the duty and also paid for me to ship the incorrect one back to them. Yes it could have been done a bit quicker, but in the end I am still a happy customer.
rsp
Old 5th September 2007
Deleted 86c3d96
I like

I like shopping with them. Most importantly, someone always picks up the phone when I call. they are knowledgeable, and happy to chat. Call me satisfied.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

I think I've bought around 50K worth of stuff from them over the past 2-3 years. Never had a problem with them. Just a few months ago, I ordered around 18,000 dollars' worth of plugins, some of them were electronic delivery. Had them within a day of ordering (the electronic ones of course). So far so good--I buy mostly plugins from them these days though.

I usually know what exactly that I want to buy so when I shop, I shop for availability, price, and overall 'service attitude' so I do buy from other vendors as well.

The only one on my 'ignore, go away' list is Sweetwater.
Old 5th September 2007
Here for the gear

Check your spam filter on your email...I ordered a waves bundle from them and called them about it when I didn't get electronic delivery quickly. I use gmail and I found what had happened was that the spam filter had intercepted the email with the electronic serial. Apparently it's been a problem with them before. They quickly solved the problem and gave me a small gift certificate for the troubles.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

I bought a couple of plug from them a while back, it was Ok.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

I received a product which was dead on arrival from audiomidi. Despite many voice messages, emails, and even snail-mail letters, I have not had a reply.

Four months have passed since my order was received. I have heard nothing in reply.

I strongly advise anyone against using them.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drxcm View Post
I received a product which was dead on arrival from audiomidi. Despite many voice messages, emails, and even snail-mail letters, I have not had a reply.

Four months have passed since my order was received. I have heard nothing in reply.

I strongly advise anyone against using them.

You mention voice messages, emails and snail-mails but I don't see where you ever actually "talked" to them. I am not disputing your experience but sometimes it actually helps to talk "live" with someone.

I have never had a problem when I called them direct over the last 3 years or so.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephent28 View Post
You mention voice messages, emails and snail-mails but I don't see where you ever actually "talked" to them. I am not disputing your experience but sometimes it actually helps to talk "live" with someone.

I have never had a problem when I called them direct over the last 3 years or so.
I agree... To the OP: why not just pick up the phone and call Craig?
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Addict

Someone asked a similar question a Cubase.net. It seems that they are not the best in admin terms, but they do deliver. Try talking to them again.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

It's done, it's dusted - software downloaded and lesson learned.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephent28 View Post

Tried around 3 times to get them on the phone, no one ever answered, so I left messages.

The point is, they never replied to anything..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search