The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need exhaustive x0x drumboxes sample sets Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Head

Need exhaustive x0x drumboxes sample sets

So i'm an x0x *****, i just love them all, but i haven't been able to find some sample sets that i'm thoroughly happy with.

I'm tired of mixing and matching hits from different sources, it always sounds a bit disjointed in the end, and most of all, none of my kits really capture the thunder of a real 808/909 kick.

I know sample sets won't replace the real thing, but at the rates those go for on ebay right now, that's just out of the question...
I wouldn't mind shelling out for a proper set though.

Will appreciate any recommendation.

cheers
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Addict

did you try the WizooSound ones?

best
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Head

hey steff,
no i haven't tried those ones.
I dug them out on wizoo's website, but the demos consist of a single 10 seconds clip which is heavily processed.
Seems pretty good, but that's not very convincing...

Can you really vouch for the quality of those kits ?

I also a recall a couple of sites where some ppl were selling cds of their sampled TRs, i can't find the links anymnore though.
There was also one posted here recently (sampled through an MPC60 IIRC), but the demos really didn't get me, they had a very particular colour that i wasn't really found of.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

I remember the Rebirth program had sampled the 808 and 909 for their drums. Considering it is now free-ware, check it out.
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Addict

see your pm ...

best
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

d16 group Audio Software - Beyond Perfection - Products

this is the answer to all your woes!
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Head

those d16 emus are really bad IMO...

I found the link the the TRs via MPC60 thing :
The MPC60 page

anyone has those ?
It seems like the mpc imparts quite a bit of color to the samples, sounds pretty good, but i'm not sure i'd want that color all the time.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

I built a x0xb0x, but it's going to be a bitch to sample.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturb View Post
those d16 emus are really bad IMO...
What about picking up a used Revolution from Future Retro?
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Or

Completely new and well awaited:
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/2553.html
A lot of fun also id D-hammer from Arald FX don;t know how accurate it copies the old roland stuff but it grooves. (and Steams)
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Head

hmmm, isn't the x0xbox a 303 replica ?
audiorealism's bassline vst has me covered for 303's, until i can get an acidlab bassline2 that is....

when it comes to the drumboxes emus, I have tried both d16 stuff and ADM, and despite a lot of flexibility, they really lack in realism when it comes to sound.
nephteon sounds weird, the bd is very plastic ; drumazon is a tad better but still... ; and ADM has a fairly good 808 (esp the bd) but most of the sounds are pretty far from the originals (even the comparision mp3s on their site fail to show it off), this one is a big disappointment i must say.

I really feel like the only way to getting a proper x0x sound ITB is using good samples, i'll cop the wizoo 808 and 909 kits, and goldbaby's TRs via MPC60 kits today, unless someone comes up with something even better sounding, but it seems like a great bang (or BOOM) for buck... thumbsup
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturb View Post
hmmm, isn't the x0xbox a 303 replica ?
audiorealism's bassline vst has me covered for 303's, until i can get an acidlab bassline2 that is....

when it comes to the drumboxes emus, I have tried both d16 stuff and ADM, and despite a lot of flexibility, they really lack in realism when it comes to sound.
nephteon sounds weird, the bd is very plastic ; drumazon is a tad better but still... ; and ADM has a fairly good 808 (esp the bd) but most of the sounds are pretty far from the originals (even the comparision mp3s on their site fail to show it off), this one is a big disappointment i must say.

I really feel like the only way to getting a proper x0x sound ITB is using good samples, i'll cop the wizoo 808 and 909 kits, and goldbaby's TRs via MPC60 kits today, unless someone comes up with something even better sounding, but it seems like a great bang (or BOOM) for buck... thumbsup
Yea the x0xb0x is a 303 clone (which is very nice). I was somewhat joking because instead of 808/909 you said x0x drumbox . You don't want 505-606 samples, you want 808/909!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search