The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ilok and Sonnox DSP Audio Systems
Old 2nd September 2007
Here for the gear

ilok and Sonnox

I purchased an iLok and wish to install the Powercore Backwards compatible EQ/DYN/INF and TransMod for Mac OSX 10.4.9

After reading Sonnox FAQs:

1. How do I receive a new download link for the iLok compatible version??? I purchased and registered the PowerCore version, so all my links are for the Powercore build.

2. How do I deposit my Sonnox license into my iLok account???

3. I was never asked to submit my iLok account ID when downloading Sonnox Powercore Backwards compatible EQ/DYN/INF or TransMod

4. I cannot find the "you have licenses" link when installing the Sonnox Powercore Backwards compatible EQ/DYN/INF or TransMod

SONNOX FAQ SAYS:
When you receive and activate the 'download' link for the iLok compatible version of your plugin, you will be asked to submit your iLok account ID, which registers the plugin with iLok and deposits a licence into the specified iLok account.

After downloading and installing the plugin software, you should log in to your iLok account, with an iLok key (registered on that account) inserted into a USB port, and follow the 'You have licences' link to synchronize the key and then transfer the licence from the account into the key.

Inserting the authorised iLok key into a USB port on any system the plugin software has been installed on, will subsequently authorise the plugin for use.

MAN THESE GUYS GIVE ME A HEADACHE!

Last edited by contrawave; 2nd September 2007 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: none
Old 2nd September 2007
Here for the gear

cost to upgrade

thanks. i finally saw the link at the way bottom of FAQs.

that sucks it cost $25 per plug-in upgrade!
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Exactly, and I wonder why no one bitches and complains about Sonnox like that do with Waves. At least when I installed Logic, I was able to use my Waves plugins without having to upgrade. I didn't even have to install anything. But if I want to use my Sonnox plugins with Logic I have to upgrade (I have TDM licenses for PT 7). It's going to cost me over $100 to upgrade. **** that! So I guess I'll just use them with Pro Tools for now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search