The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dropouts and CPU OL w PT and M-Audio Fasttrack Pro Dynamic Microphones
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Comparison: M-Audio 1814 and Profire Lightbridge

Hey there,
I recorded a singer/songwriter with this ****ty M-Audio Fasttrack Pro and my new MBP in the past days. First of all was a little pissed, that
the latency only goes down to 128 samples, which would be allright, if there weren't these annoying dropouts and the stopping of the recording while my macbook pro is telling me "CPU Overload..blabla".
The session I used was just normal, with some Sonalksis EQs, 2 CSR instances and a massey limiter on the master bus.
So I was forced to use the Hardware Inputmonitoring to get the musician to hear himself and put Latency up to 2048 Samples, to prevent dropouts and clicks.

I'm of course planning to kick this interface and get a firewire one from M-Audio, so that these dropouts disappear. I'm thinking about the Profire Lightbridge or the 1814.
Will I be able to use Pro Tools Inputmonitoring then or will I still be forced to use this workaround ? Will these f**ing dropouts stop ?
I'm asking since the Lightbridge doesn't have such a "Mix/IN" knob to set up the hardware monitoring.

Would appreciate some opinions of 1814 or Lightbridge Users.
(Besides, I'm planning to get a Digimax FS and an ADA8000 to complete the setup)

I'm reading much about setup problems with the Profire Lightbridge and am wondering if I should forget about the 16 extra Inputs and take advantage of the 2 Preamps of the 1814, if not too noisy.
My current PT Version is 7.1.1. , so I think I wouldn't be able to use more than 18 Inputs anyways.

What would you consider for mobile Band recording and live recordings too ?

thanks and greets
ray
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Maniac

*bring up*
Old 1st September 2007
Gear Maniac

Come on guys..I know there are some M-Audio users here...

Just gimme some pros an cons about the 1814 and the Lightbridge.

I would eventually would drop in the Project Mix I/O as an alternative...

thanks a lot !

My current setup:

MacBookPro w 2,2 GHz, M-Audio Fasttrack Pro, Event PS8 Monitors
TLA 5051 MKI, Presonus TubePre, Behringer Powerplay8
Mics: StudioProjects C4, Audix I5, D6, SM57, Neumann KM84 + some SM58
WTB: Presonus Digimax FS & Behringer ADA8000
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

What's wrong with my question ?

If no one's answering..please delete this thread...
Cause it's not a good feeling doing a public monologue...
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Addict

Hey guys,
Check out the thread in the "So Much Gear..." forum titled "EVERYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH A PROFIRE LIGHTBRIDGE, READ THIS!"

Check it out, it could help us all (even if you use a different m-audio interface).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search