The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Annoying issue with Nuendo .. DAW Software
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Cool Annoying issue with Nuendo ..

Hi all ..
I am encountering an annoying issue with Neuendo 3 that I am not able to overcome ..

In Sonar .. if you want to reorder the effects sequence .. you only need to reshaffle the effects .. a drag and drop method that enables you to reorder the effects sequence .. hence

if you have : Reverb -> Delay -> filter -> EQ -> comp. and you felt that you want to put the EQ before the delay .. you simply drag and Drop the EQ into the correct place ..

in Nuendo .. I am not able to reorder the effects in that manner .. and if I need to insert one effect in the middle of an effects chain .. I will need to
remove all the effects after it .. insert the new effect and then reload all the other effects .. very inconvenient ...

can some one help ?..

thanks
John.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Draggable inserts weren't introduced into the Cubase/Nuendo engine until Cubase 4.. they'll be in Nuendo 4, which should be out by the end of next month.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Nuendo 3 has been out for a few years now, this is not a problem, it is a feature that is not implimented yet.......
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaves666 View Post
Nuendo 3 has been out for a few years now, this is not a problem, it is a feature that is not implimented yet.......
humm .. so how would you go around this problem ?... imagine that you have a number of effects all with its paramertes tuned .. and you don't want to lose all those settings ...

you will need to save all the settings as presets ... remove them .. insert the new effect and then .. bring back the rest of the chain .. humm..

tedious ..! ..
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I usually just skip inserts that way i dont get locked into this problem, unless I know I need to use all the inserts.

Jason
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

I usually make a new preset for the song/session/artist. Then reload it.
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Hello,
Draggable inserts are in Nuendo 4. Until then the workaround is to save the settings as a preset and then recall them in the new slot.
H
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughH View Post
Hello,
Draggable inserts are in Nuendo 4. Until then the workaround is to save the settings as a preset and then recall them in the new slot.
H
Sonar is already ahead here ..! ... it was doable in Sonar 4 ! ..
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

It doesn't matter what sonar already has. It's not in Nuendo 3, so you have to work around it. Yes we all wish it was in v3, so it would take 2 sec to try something out instead of 1 min. Don't use the save as preset. Use the store preset instead. Stays with the plug, where if you save preset you have to import it.

Oh, a better one. Don't even think for a second that once you have a bunch of groups going with routing set that you can simply add one in the middle or move one around. Screws with all the routing.

But it is a great program overall and I would rather use it then Sonar. Yes I have used Sonar.
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by activexjava View Post
Your point? Sell Nuendo and get back in bed with Sonor if that feature is a deal breaker. IMO Nuendo is easier and a much better designed program...I've been using it since v1.0
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaves666 View Post
Your point? Sell Nuendo and get back in bed with Sonor if that feature is a deal breaker. IMO Nuendo is easier and a much better designed program...I've been using it since v1.0
when I first encountered this problem I though that I didn't read the manual well .. but then .. as I see I will need to wait . ..

so what you don't like in Sonar ?? .. is it less stable than Nuendo ?.. or the audio engine sucks?...

you make me curious !
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

I sometimes use Chainer as a plugin to overcome this.

Matti
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTI View Post
I sometimes use Chainer as a plugin to overcome this.

Matti
Great idea!
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Maniac

I usually don't use the slots in order. lets say I start with a comp on an insert, I would put it in slot 3 or 4. then if I want the eq before the comp I have room. if I need to move a eq or something, I do as had been said and store a preset that stays with the plug and reload the plug.
sucks I know. but this and the fact you can't record to/ from buss' are the only downsides to nuendo for me.
I like sonar a lot and I think it sounds good, but I am so used to nuendo.
I have just purchased live and I am just digging in to it. my first week has been a chore but live is going to change my workflow for the better.
Old 1st September 2007
theother
Quote:
Originally Posted by activexjava View Post
Sure, but this about the only thing were Sonar is ahead! (ok Sonar is also 64-bit which is cool too but N4 will be as well)

I use Cubase 4 at the moment until N4 comes out where I can drap/drop all the inserts.

This feature was really long overdue!

I used Sonar for years but it's not in the same league as Cubase/Nuendo. To have no drag&drop inserts is a pain in the arse though. But then C4 has it now and N4 soon. (release=Q3)
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
sucks I know. but this and the fact you can't record to/ from buss' are the only downsides to nuendo for me.

you can however bounce the output of a bus and have it automatically placed back into the project on a new track, which is essentially the same thing as recording that buss.

When you use the EXPORT AUDIO function, it dosent always have to be the master output, it can be anything, from a single track, a group (buss), fx return, vsti output, or output buss.
Old 1st September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Sure, but this about the only thing were Sonar
I used Sonar for years but it's not in the same league as Cubase/Nuendo. To have no drag&drop inserts is a pain in the arse though. But then C4 has it now and N4 soon. (release=Q3)
why its not?... is it sound quality?.. stability?... lack of features?...

I have Nuendo 3 as a loner from a friend .. and if I like it .. I can buy it from him .. but I am still not sure wheather to go for it ..

I need to make a choice between the two (the other is Sonar 6 producer)

maybe you can tell me a few things from your experience .
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search