The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Duende vers. 2.1 update ... FINALLY STABLE!!!
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitoffee View Post
Did your G5 come with a 16x DVD drive? 4 gig RAM capacity? I have this machine and heard the internal PCI buss is slow. I have pretty much the same system you have. What PCI firewire card did you get? Also, are you able to use a SSL strip followed by a UAD plug on a channel with no pops or clicks at the initiation of the audio file playback?
16x DVD drive ? ... tick ... I have 8 Gb ram in ma G5 (got a deal on 1Gb kingston ram) ... will check what PCI FW card I have ... Yeh, SSL strip followed by a UAD plug on a channel is fine here ... BTW "pops or clicks" I find r a part of life in what I do ... I don't fret much about them ... just work round'm ... They don't end up in the final thang !!!!
Old 26th September 2007
Solid State Logic

The pop at the start of the audio file is a Logic thing. Does the same with Powercore and UAD. Bit annoying. Something to do with filling the buffer before playback I think...
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The pop at the start of the audio file is a Logic thing. Does the same with Powercore and UAD. Bit annoying. Something to do with filling the buffer before playback I think...
The pop is normal with older Logic version indeed, it's how it handles buffers. I just leave a measure empty and cut the pop off from the full bounce. This should be solved with Logic 8 tho
Old 27th September 2007
Here for the gear

I'm considering buying Duende now that is seems more stable.

Should I wait until after AES?

Thanks.
Old 29th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomer View Post
I'm considering buying Duende now that is seems more stable.

Should I wait until after AES?

Thanks.
To be safe, yes, you probably should.
Old 4th October 2007
Gear Head

Latency issues?

Hey,

I managed to stay away from that duende thing so far but i guess I Can't wait anymore.
I still have few questions though and i know you guys will answer them.

I'm working in 3 different places. Each one has a different computer:
Mac Pro / powerMac G5 / iMac C2D.
So my first question is will: it work everywhere, since i also use FW Drive for Samples & Recording and FF800 (the stay with me too)
Second question is dealing with latency in logic. I heard that duende caused GUI lagging and latency. I wonder how logic 8's full PDC on busses and aux deals with Duende (and UAD but this is OT)
Will logic compensate a master bus comp on a bus track properly?

Thanks for your answers.
Old 4th October 2007
Lives for gear

Any plans for new sydec plugs? Love the ssl eq plug for it.
Old 8th October 2007

How does Duende work with Mac protools HD3 with a 2 gig dual processor G5 with 2.5 gigs of ram??? I'm thinking of adding it for mixing for more power but I'm not looking for any drama...
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by James 'LA' Lugo View Post
How does Duende work with Mac protools HD3 with a 2 gig dual processor G5 with 2.5 gigs of ram??? I'm thinking of adding it for mixing for more power but I'm not looking for any drama...
Did not work at all for me on a dual 2.5 G5 HD2 Accel. Dedicated firewire card was not any help. When it worked it sounded awesome but the thing would go ape**** (have your master volume knob close by ) or not work at all 3 or 4 times/day. Buy it from somewhere you can return it. If it works you'll love it.
Old 8th October 2007

bummer
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by James 'LA' Lugo View Post
I have Duende running on two machines exactly like that (just a touch more RAM) and they are both flawless. One machine hasn't had a single glitch since day one (since it's initial release) and the other had a few hiccups, but has been great since the Ver2 update. There is no ITB sonic equal to Duende.
Old 8th October 2007

Cool
Old 22nd November 2007
I'm waiting until Duende is 100% compatible with Digital Performer before I buy it.
...Waiting has never been this hard
Old 16th February 2009
Here for the gear

Duende mini Question...

I am running P.T. 7.4.2 and a G5 dual running version 10.5.4 OS.

When I start a new session and insert duende SSL on a track , it seems to work ok. However, when i launch a session that was saved with a duende , it tells me that "No duende is detected," or error loading plugin .
I have been going NUTS!!
Does anyone know what to do?
Old 17th February 2009
Gear Maniac

When this happens to me in Logic, the Duende is not showing up in the Mac System Profiler. So try quitting audio programs, switch off interface and duende, then restart them in order. Before opening Protools, make sure Duende has shown up in your system profiler, if not, switch it off, then on again, wait 10 seconds or so, then open protools when duende shows up (you may need to refresh the profiler).

If you move things (eg hard drive or interface) off or on to the firewire bus while duende is on, it may "disappear".

Hope that solves it.... works for me every time.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search