The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is this company reliable? Desktop Synthesizers
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Is this company reliable?

I've already settled on ordering later next week my ADK core duo LE but for around the same price my friend kinda likes this company because the comps look "cool" lol. He never got confirmation email from gearslutz.com to join i guess cause of email filters or sum crap so w.e i'll do the bidding for him. anybody know if these guys are reliable? They make pc's for home, business, video edit, and of course digital media.

Velocity Micro - Custom Computer Systems - Computers, Gaming Computers, Notebooks, Desktops, Business Workstations

if anyone has any experience or info about this company it'd be much appreciated. btw he is only using 2.0 usb so i'm guessing whether or not firewire is texas instruments is irrelevant because these but any info he would greatly appreciate it.
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Re-up
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Reup pleeeaase
Old 30th August 2007
Here for the gear

Should be

Looks like they sell there wares in Best Buy. I don't know anyone who has bought from them but I have heard Velocity Micro throw around a bit before.

This is from Wikipedia : "Velocity Micro has won over 35 industry awards for performance and craftsmanship, including 10 Editor's Choice awards from PC Magazine. CNET, Maximum PC, PC World, Computer Gaming World, and Computer Shopper have all awarded Velocity Micro machines high marks."
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac

yea i dont seem to know neone who uses them either but then again it is one of those obscure companies. thanx anyone else know any hands on info?
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

HI,
here is my 2 cents.
as a gamer company they have a good rep.

the problem with buying a "pro Audio" computer from them is you will get gamer parts.

there will be no consideration for audio with their choices of mobos, fans, memory quiet etc.

if your friend is buying from them based on "i like how the case looks"
he will get exactly what he is asking for.

a cool looking case with internal parts that may or may NOT work well with audio.
chances are it wont.....

nor wil they have a clue as to how to support any potential audio questions.

Scott
ADK
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

I remember when I first learned of Kia.. at first I thought, why? and then i learned that they had been manufacturing trucks, and cars for some time.. some of their vehicles had done well in world rally championships, yadda yadda... still i was apprehensive. then i learned that they were essentially repackaging previous generation mazdas... which made me a little more comfortable...

i guess my point is that you'll never know unless you try, but scott brings up some good points..

while kia had a good reputation for pumping out cars, there was no way to be sure that their offerings would hold up to what ever standards we as a society have come up with for a quality automobile.

who knows.. Velocity Micro might make a show stopping, crash proof, quiet as silence, DAW. and we should all follow their model..

I however am under the impression that a workstation, while possessing cutting edge technology needs to be stable. meaning no guessing about component compatibility. And when the name of the game is stability, I would trust a computer built by a company that is dedicated to servicing the audio engineering community..

the cases are pretty though.. but so are carillon cases
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search