The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Delay on Audio coming from racks Rackmount Synthesizers
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Delay on Audio coming from racks

Hope you all can help me with this one. I sequence in Nueno and I have my Korg TR rack and my Motif rack set up where I'll record the midi notes in Nuendo. The problem i'm having is that the playback is slightly behind when I record the audio into nuendo. Now, i'm recording each track 1 at a time. This has only been real noticable lately. I haven't made any changes or installed any new software. Any suggestions?

Here are my comp specs:

Dual Core Pentium D processor
2 gigs ram
1 80 gig for programs
2 300 gigs for audio

Tascam FW-1884 as my sound card/control surface/midi interface.
Old 29th August 2007
Could be a MIDI/audio misalignment. (MIDI out of time alignment with audio.)

Or it could be the result of DAW tracking misalignment. (New tracks out of time alignment with previously recorded tracks -- distressingly common unless compensated for. PT LE, Tracktion, Cubase (and Nuendo, I presume), Sonar, Reaper and perhaps others have such recording/tracking alignment comp, now. Some of them require the user to do his own ping loopback test. Others have calibration utilites.)

Or it could be both.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

What is your latency ? You could try a latency of less than 6 ms when recording and then set it higher when you're mixing.

+ There's a trick in SX to get tighter midi performance (don't know if it's the same in Nuendo?) : in Cubase (Nuendo) go to 'Devices' -> 'Device Setup' and check the line 'Use System Timestamp' for your midi ports, usualy found under WindowsMidi and/or DirectMusic.

Peter.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks for the info. My sample rate is 44.1 and i'm recording with audio latency at 256. I'm gonna try the timestamp thing when I get to the studio. Any other suggestions?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search