The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro-Tools Mpowered not recognizing iLok driver Keyboard Workstations
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Head

Pro-Tools Mpowered not recognizing iLok driver

I have been working with Pro-Tools Mpwd for about 2 months now and all of a sudden PTMP is not recognizing the authorization from my iLok (included with software). I began looking and realized that there may be some issues because I have not registered/created an iLok account. What is confusing me is, I have actually already recorded with the software and my M-audio Project Mix I/O. My PC is recognizing the iLok but is asking for the driver which was (or should have been) installed with PTMP itself... especially since it has already worked. It will not install the driver from the PTMP program folder or software CD. There are no new updates for drivers on the iLok site so the one on the program should recognize. The only thing I have not done (mainly b/c my studio pc is not connected to the internet) is get my laptop and my flash drive to get the driver and try to install it this way. I just can't figure out why I keep having technical issues when starting this program. Especially since I have optimized my PC to run as smooth as possible.

This is what I have:
Pentium D Processor @ 2.8ghz
WinXP SP2
2.5gb RAM
M-audio Project Mix I/O
Recording audio to Maxtor firewire external drive (300gb) (drive okay'd by digidesign and no need to be powered on to start the program anyway).
PCIe card (with Texas Instruments chipset as recommended by digidesign and m-audio).
Other hardware, software, and recording gear (Reason 3.0, Cubase AI4, Motif XS6, Keystation 88es midi controller), dual display monitors (dell and BenQ), MPC1000, two RP8's and the RP10s subwoofer, etc.).

Please help,
Johnny R. @ Mixx-Breed Productionz

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search