The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Plug-In for Console "Glue"? Studio Monitors
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sei046 View Post
but i was really giving the cancelled sounds sox and just could not hear anything!
However there is definitely something
Old 11th September 2007
marcan is just trying to give us a hardtime
dude, if it's canceled so you can't hear a thing, it's pretty much the same signal.
try to put 10 channels with the CS on, and one without the CS and see what happens.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimo View Post
marcan is just trying to give us a hardtime
dude, if it's canceled so you can't hear a thing, it's pretty much the same signal.
try to put 10 channels with the CS on, and one without the CS and see what happens.
Jeronimo, with Waves SSL I can definitely hear the difference (without even trying to cancel it). If you have done the test properly, it doesn't cancel. You have to listen to it more closely, so you have to increase the volume of the difference (analogue on - original). Thus, bounce it and normalise it... then you will hear something (unless you are deaf).
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Head

Ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcan View Post
then you will hear something (unless you are deaf).
I hate when people say stuff like that on a pro audio forum..... It just rips away credibility no matter how informed the rest of the post is!
Old 11th September 2007
I don't have waves stuff... and I think he's not talking about the analog button...

"all the channel strips i am using are cancelling with phase so is this saying that unless you actually tweak it will make absolutely no diff? As in it neutral does not color the sound?"

"I tried the 4000 this evening and i couldnt get a sound when i phase cancleed the track with it with the one without it. Am i doing something wrong?"
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Actually I start to answer to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb10 View Post
Wave's SSL 'analog in' switch does absolutely nothing. Bounce one track with it, then the next without it. Flip the phase and see if they completely cancel...

surprise: they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sei046 View Post
I hate when people say stuff like that on a pro audio forum..... It just rips away credibility no matter how informed the rest of the post is!
Chill out man. Unless the sense of humour is forbiden here I don't see why my post should be hated...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeronimo View Post
I don't have waves stuff... and I think he's not talking about the analog button...

"all the channel strips i am using are cancelling with phase so is this saying that unless you actually tweak it will make absolutely no diff? As in it neutral does not color the sound?"

"I tried the 4000 this evening and i couldnt get a sound when i phase cancleed the track with it with the one without it. Am i doing something wrong?"
Ok I thought you talked about the analogue emulation on the Waves SSL (4000 is the number of the SSL emulated by Waves). Cheers
Old 11th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcan View Post
Ok I thought you talked about the analogue emulation on the Waves SSL (4000 is the number of the SSL emulated by Waves). Cheers
No, actually the Waves SSL emulates an E channel, G-series EQ and G mixbuss compressor.

The SL 4000/8000/9000 number designations are nothing to do with the EQ and compressor design.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
No, actually the Waves SSL emulates an E channel, G-series EQ and G mixbuss compressor.

The SL 4000/8000/9000 number designations are nothing to do with the EQ and compressor design.
Waves | Bundles | SSL 4000 Collection
"Developed under license from Solid State Logic,
The SSL 4000 Collection includes three meticulously modeled plug-ins based on the legendary SSL 4000 Series: the SSL E-Channel, the SSL G-Master Buss Compressor, and the SSL G-Equalizer"
Old 11th September 2007
Ah, whatever - they're still referred to as "G-Series" and "E-Series" EQs and channels, not "SL4000 EQs"....there's SL8000 frames as well (although far less common).

I'm just being pedantic...and regardless of what waves say, the number designation doesn't have anything to do the the EQ or compressor, that's just the frame/console design that they're found in. It's like calling Neve 1073s or 1081s "8048 preamps".

I was just having a little dig at the slightly-patronising-yet-wrong tone of the post. Fair enough if that's what Waves wants to call the bundle.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
I was just having a little dig at the slightly-patronising-yet-wrong tone of the post. Fair enough if that's what Waves wants to call the bundle.
I will take care of being less "slightly-patronising-yet-wrong tone" next time.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Head

and yes i was referring to the waves ssl emu. not the analog switch ( i dont remember referring to it at all) but just having it enabled on a track was giving no results. I must be deaf
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Head

Retro Band

although not strictly a "glue" per se, if used wisely/mildly it can reproduce many of the analog artifacts we tend to call "warmth". As a "bonus" it can do some pretty wicked noises too ;-)

Michael Kingston's RetroBand VST plugins for Windows and OSX

I've rediscovered this one recently. I was so pleasantly surprised I was wondering how come I never ended up using it before. They've got a pretty cool free slimed down version which is a lot of fun as well.

Cheers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search