The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can Kontakt be used as an RTAS plug in PT 7? Studio Headphones
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Can Kontakt be used as an RTAS plug in PT 7?

I hope this isn't a dumb question... but I just want to know if I have an option besides having to buy Structure if PT is my work environemnt.
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Nut

yes
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

It says it can very clearly on the NI website.... Did you read up on it before posting...?

If you're gonna be working in PT, you might wanna check up on Structure instead. K2, Kontakt2, has quite a few quirks -- just visit the user forum and you will find out. Problems range from sample corruption when saving, samples disappearing, playback erratic behavior, and a dozen other problems... They've fixed the sample corruption issue in 2.2.3 i think... I'm using it and it acts up at times -- but that seems to be the issue with NI software these days.

I am so afraid of their softsamp/synths that I track everything I arrange as I go along. I have a nightmare of not being able to use certain sounds or can't get back into the session to track. With my deadlines and the people I work for, major labels, if that happened--I'm dead.

Yeah, I did have some issues before with not being able to get back into a PT session. Had to import each softsynth/sampler track, track it, deactivate it, and import the next one. MAJOR PITA!!!!!

Yeah, NI doesn't like being in PT. Nor does it like most computers for that matter.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
It says it can very clearly on the NI website.... Did you read up on it before posting...?
Ofcourse I did, but I must have missed it as it wasn't clear to me at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
If you're gonna be working in PT, you might wanna check up on Structure instead.
I am considering that option, but it just seemed like Kontak is so popular due to how good of a sampler it is. Thanks for the tips.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblack View Post

I am considering that option, but it just seemed like Kontak is so popular due to how good of a sampler it is. Thanks for the tips.
Yeah, Kontakt is popular... but also visit the NI user forums and check what users have to say about Kontakt. I happen to own 2 copies of Kontakt2 but am thinking of using Structure more and more these days. Tried the demo, like it, but don't like the pricing and especially after I've spent so much on NI... heheheh
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search