The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TL space for PTHD still buggy? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

TL space for PTHD still buggy?

Guess the title explains it, anyone care to share their experiences?
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Addict

Tried it once, it worked-hated it. Tried it again on an HD3 rig with intel mac pro-didn't work-it said there was not enough cpu power. It was n't my rig and I did n't have time to troubleshoot it, I just used another verb.

No big deal to me- I don't own TL space and I don't plan on it. But then again, I track into PT and mix in Samplitude 9. Between stock verbs (variverb and room simulator) and an old roland box, I cover all the bases I need.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Honestly I never had a problem with it ever. I use it on a daily basis, mostly doing my guitar cabinet impulses....
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

ive heard mixed reviews about this reverb, how is it?
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

never had a problem w it,
solid as anything else.

I consider one of the best reverbs going, though YMMV

really like the factory, the default hall, emt plate ect...

it has loads of options and control, with a nice layout
what more can I say

Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

My fave plugin. Use it on almost everything, usually several instances. Never had a problem.

I prefer the plates in Revibe and the halls, rooms churches etc in TLspace.

Running HD3 Accel in a dual 2.7 PPC with lots of Ram.
Old 28th August 2007
M2E
Lives for gear

Well,

Me don't know. Me think there are others much better. Me think it's cool that TL can take up more Accel chips than just one but, me no hear that much difference.
Me could be wrong.

Me think Revibe iz better.
Me think Eventide Reverb iz better.
Me think TC Electronic Reverbs are better...VSS3/DVR2

Me think TL Space iz good but, not great....

Me think & thought about it but, me think no more....no more me think....no more...

Me hope me help you me do....

M2E...or Me2...me think...
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

I think imma grab it as my first verb, after i plan on getting the eventide bundle, im not plug in crazy, i just want a well rounded collection
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

It's allright.

I believe at our rigs we have the latest version installed, but the short mono or medium TDM versions are buggy... (not sure which one exactly...) it causes weird sound dropouts or the PT mixer starts to act funny once those are inserted (loses sound in the auxes after switching a snapshot), so we just don't use those, the other all work fine.

Another thing that bugs me, since we have a couple of rigs we're having the impulses on an ethernet server. And when we start a mix in studio A it will not find the same impulses in studio D... I hope Digidesign will make the impulse searching just as sophisticated as the searching for missing audio files feature in PT is. The impulses can be saved as part of the PT session though, so most of the times it just works, but still it's quite annoying it can't find an impulse which is actually accessible for the computer...
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

sorry for my ignorance, but short mono and medium? are you talkin about the impulses? Thanks for the input
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

I used TL Space when on LE and really liked it. It ddidn't work very good when I switched to HD. I bought Revibe and am happy with it.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Addict

Never used TL Space but i had a HD Rig go down when i was working on a project. NI Komplete was messing things up. tutt
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Damn im glad i didnt get it, Barry, i cant use revibe cuz i dont have an accel card, just an HD1, should i just save and get the eventide bundle and be done with it? i heard it has a very good verb.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by walth View Post
Never used TL Space but i had a HD Rig go down when i was working on a project. NI Komplete was messing things up. tutt
So what's that got to do with TL Space? TL Space is a Trillium Lane Labs/ Digidesign product...
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
sorry for my ignorance, but short mono and medium? are you talkin about the impulses? Thanks for the input
In the pulldown menu where you choose the plugin there are different versions, the long version eats more DSP and is meant for longer impulse files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
Damn im glad i didnt get it, Barry, i cant use revibe cuz i dont have an accel card, just an HD1, should i just save and get the eventide bundle and be done with it? i heard it has a very good verb.
Never tried the Eventide, but TL Space isn't so bad. Had some minor problems but as I said before, it is workable... and has good sounds for an impulse response reverb...
Old 1st September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geert van den Berg View Post
So what's that got to do with TL Space? TL Space is a Trillium Lane Labs/ Digidesign product...
nothing. but we are talking about buggy software in PTHD so i thought i'd throw it out there.
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks yall, i think ill grab it anyways all i have is Dverb and its not bad but i want better
Old 1st September 2007
Gear Addict

i really like tlspace.
i only use the medium 140 for vox,
and DR EVIL's hall for a lot of things.

i prefer the plates on Dverb for drums, what a crazy messed up world we live in

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search