The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Emagic AMT 8 Drivers MIDI Processors
Old 3rd June 2011
Lives for gear
I'm pretty sure GarageBand also installs the Unitor drivers. But I don't know if the unitor drivers are available without Logic or GB. The old Emagic drivers definitely won't work. BTW, for better functionality use Unitor 8 Pref Pane.
Old 4th June 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux View Post
The AMT8 works flawlessly under Linux. It has worked out the box on various distributions I have tried. No need to install drivers.
That's true, but what if you have more than one, stacked together? It works OK with Windows and Mac, but ALSA shows only the first unit.
Old 8th June 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertone View Post
BTW, for better functionality use Unitor 8 Pref Pane.
The Good News:
I used the free Apple Drivers (mentioned earlier in the thread), along with the Unitor 8 Pref Pane - very nice! The author's site is worth a browse - lots of info on sysex messages for the Unitor - that will come in handy on Linux if I need to change patches, etc. Speaking of Linux, per earlier discussions the Unitor8 just works, w/o any extra effort (I only have the one interface though).

The Bad News:
The Windows XP drivers from earlier in the thread (from RapidShare) are not working for me (32bit, SP3). The drivers install OK, and I can see the "Unitor8 USB LTC, VITC, MIDI" USB device in my hardware configuration, but no ports from the Unitor show up in any MIDI apps. My other MIDI devices (RME Multiface, Launchpad, MPK Mini) show up fine.

Anyone have any advice for my XP Service Pack 3 woes?
Old 17th June 2011
Here for the gear

Windows XP drivers for AMT8

I need Windows XP drivers for AMT8. If you have them please send to my email address - [email protected].
Thanks a bunch!
Old 17th June 2011
Gear Guru

Here you go. Drivers, Manual and control software.

http://puretone.nl/files/AMT8.rar

Alistair
Old 8th September 2011
Here for the gear

Unitor not Uniting

I am having problems getting the Unitor 8 to work with Logic 9.1.5 and Protools 9.0.3. I installed the Unitor driver from the Apple site and it worked fine with Pro Tools. It didnt work in Logic at all, No midi input was received inside of logic. restarted the system non of the DAW's recognized the Unitor.

Please help

OSX 10.5.8
Logic 9.1.5
Pro Tools 9.0.3
Old 30th December 2011
Did anyone get this working under Win7? I have a chance to pick it up "quite" cheaply, but want to know if works first.
Old 30th December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragletrollet View Post
Did anyone get this working under Win7? I have a chance to pick it up "quite" cheaply, but want to know if works first.
Not that I know of. I would kill right now for working Win 7 64 drivers. I have both a Unitor 8 and an AMT 8 and working drivers do not exist from what I understand. I just don't feel like buying a new set of patchbays. Such a shame.

If anyone gets these things working under Win 7, please post.
Old 8th January 2012
Gear Nut

@fragletrollet & @Breaks Dude:

As you might've read earlier on in this thread, I gave up on AMT8 on Win7 x64 and bought an ESI M8U XL. To be honest, I didn't even try to get it to work...

Such a shame to scrap perfectly good hardware just because software "moves on"!
Old 8th January 2012
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflake View Post
and bought an ESI M8U XL.
How's that working for you?
Old 8th January 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflake View Post
@fragletrollet & @Breaks Dude:

As you might've read earlier on in this thread, I gave up on AMT8 on Win7 x64 and bought an ESI M8U XL. To be honest, I didn't even try to get it to work...

Such a shame to scrap perfectly good hardware just because software "moves on"!
Unfortunately the only solution. There are no 64Bit drivers for Win7 and I don't expect that Apple will invest some money to port the drivers.
M-Audio is crap, bad latency too many problems, so the question today is more: ESI or MotU
Old 24th January 2012
Gave up and sold it. Sad day.
Old 21st September 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
Unfortunately the only solution. There are no 64Bit drivers for Win7 and I don't expect that Apple will invest some money to port the drivers.
M-Audio is crap, bad latency too many problems, so the question today is more: ESI or MotU
Try the Infrasonic AMON USB MIDI. It's the best interface around and includes Hi-Z audio. Search the web for a dealer still carrying them, or there is a store in eBay that is selling them right now.

Works with OS X 10.3, for whoever was having a problem with drivers for that version in an earlier post.
Old 21st September 2012
Lives for gear

just a reminder that AMT8 & Unitor8 do not work beyond Windows XP. Many have tried, all of them failed.

Unitor8 and AMT8 should work just fine in all OS X versions with Logic installed (Unitor drivers are bundled with Logic)

if you're on win7, just get ESI M8U-XL or MOTU.

-Tomi

ps. I have Unitor8 + AMT8 for sale
Old 7th August 2013
Gear Maniac

I am looking for the Emagic's driver for a Mac G4 running on OS 9.2.2.
Does anyone have that and can save my life?

Thanks in advance

Thomas
Old 24th February 2015
Lives for gear

I am trying to install the MT4 drivers...on a Win XP computer to run the Xpander editor Xplorer...however no luck with the Emagic MT4 installation
I get a unknown USB device but then it can´t install drivers. I have them both on CD and downloaded from the web.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search