The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
CUBASE USERS! Anyone still stuck on SX2 like me?
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Head

CUBASE USERS! Anyone still stuck on SX2 like me?

I run a dual-boot rig with the DAW boot totally stripped down and completely tweaked for audio...running XP SP1...yep SP1, never sees the internet, never will.

I've been pretty happy with SX 2.2. Very stable!thumbsup Only recently did I run into a compatability issue with Waves Tune which can be worked around...kind of.

Is it worth the potential chaos upgrading to 4 (better architecture, interface, work flow, etc????)?

Thanks in advance for the feedback
Old 24th August 2007
theother
I found SX3 and WinXP Sp2 the most stable combo.

I'm happy with C4 too. Drag and drop of inserts being the best feature for me.

I also never had any problems with being connected to the net 24/7.

I can not imagine doing all the authorisation process without being online. Not worth the hassle.

If your computer stops working it's not because you are online, it's mostly because the user does something stupid online.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theother View Post

I'm happy with C4 too. Drag and drop of inserts being the best feature for me.

I also never had any problems with being connected to the net 24/7.

I can not imagine doing all the authorisation process without being online. Not worth the hassle.

If your computer stops working it's not because you are online, it's mostly because the user does something stupid online.
hey what other features do you like about C4? has anything been improved about the workflow of automation? can you just list a few features YOU like better in C4. things that make your workflow more efficient.

i am curious to see what Nuendo 4 is going to be like.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Addict

sx2

Hey,

I have SX2 and 3.....

I would get SP3 and get SX3 and all the updates...

very stable 4 me................
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Maniac

I got up SX3 with XP SP2 and it has been rock solid for me, I've been very pleased with my DAW. Over a year and 1 crash (which was partially my fault <g>) I don't much see the point in moving up to C4 I've not been impressed by Steinbergs latest moves or the direction the company seems to be taking.
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict

I was on SX2.2.039 for the longest time. I purchased SX3 but had trouble in the early versions. SX3.1 is very stable. But today, the one I use is C4. With the latest patch 4.03 it has been great. There are a few bugs in it and some things I would change but there are enough features in C4 to make it worth the jump. I like now when I use my Yamaha 01V96V2 mixer how it highlight the tracks is C4. Also, I have the Tranzport and find the native version far more useful than the mackie emulation. I say, take the jump. You can still use SX2 if you want. Also, go to XP Service Pack 2. No issues at all with that patch. I, like you, my DAW never sees the internet. Only for audio. Don't even have a printer connection. Really, try Cubase 4. I would think soon they will release 4.1. Cubase is very good software.

Gary
Old 26th August 2007
Lives for gear

Sorry to hijack.

Are there any C4 users that run SX3 (very stable) on the same computer ? I just ordered C4 but I have some open projects in SX3 that I want to finish first.

So my Q : Can I leave SX3 on my computer when I install C4 ?

Thanks,

Peter.
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

I'm still running the same rig as you. XP SP1 with SX2.2. I've never upgraded because the system has been so damn solid. I run it with two MOTU 896 (first generation). XP SP2 presented a problem due to the FW speed cap, and mysteriously even after trying to fix it with the microsoft patch, the units would still not sync together.

Anyway i'm still lovin it although i may finally take the plunge next year when i upgrade my system to a dual or quad. Just sitting back watching those prices fall.

Roach
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschelfh View Post
Sorry to hijack.

Are there any C4 users that run SX3 (very stable) on the same computer ? I just ordered C4 but I have some open projects in SX3 that I want to finish first.

So my Q : Can I leave SX3 on my computer when I install C4 ?

Thanks,

Peter.
Yes you can. MUCH advised.
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Nut

I'm running SX2 but also considering C4. I just built a new quad core PC last week and haven't determined yet how much SX2 is going to take advantage of the technology...although I haven't verified that C4 will either. But that may affect my decision to upgrade or not.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

SX 2 (latest patch) on Mac. Quite happy here...
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Addict

Still on sx 2 here. Isn't there supposed to be a performance boost for multiprocessor users by using sx3 or 4 instead of 2?
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

from versien 3.something sx uses the multicore... on a core 2 duo xp... you can run almost endless plugins... never a problem here... a lot of convolution reverbs etc.
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Addict

sx3

I got SX3 (latest version) running on my new quad core 660 monster...

ALL 4 cores are being used...

I have a decent song running ...my UAD cards are running 60 percent and windows task manager says 15-18percent....AWESOME!!!

running a old mbox at 128 sample buffer (cpu intensive)....

I'm waiting till 4.1 till i make the jump!!!!!!!!1
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Smile

I have SX1 & SX3 & C4 in my mastering room DAW (mixing old projects).

But in my recording room I only use C4 and that is the best & nicest looking Cubase so far. thumbsup

Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

C4 is still buggy but I do love this version. It's just so much better loooking and feeling. You're gonna dig the envelope shaper - a vey nice Transient Designer-ish plug. Works absolute wonders for drums! The EQ's are way better now!

The handling of presets is down right annoying - though. The soundframe idea is good but takes a little to get used to.

I'm still tracking in sx3 but mixing in C4.
Old 30th August 2007
Here for the gear

Made the jump to C4 about a two months ago. Been working on an album the whole time, a couple of small buggish issues, after hours of writing, the quantize got a little tired and started drifting...did a program re-boot and bug went away. That is about it for me. I love the new C4, love the look and the feel. I have been with SB since cubasis, I am happy with it.

I use the old Sweetwater single core creation station rack. Going to jump to the quad core, just trying to wait for the price to drop a bit.

All in all my system (knock on wood) is very stable.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search