The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Audio Between Computers Audio Interfaces
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Audio Between Computers

what is the best way to connect the audio between a PC and a MAc .

i wannna route gigasampler and/or kontakt2 out from the PC to my MAc running Logic pro. I already have a Motu Ultralite on the mac.

I would rather keep all digital. so what are the option for this. i was thinking 8 outs so I can stem orchestra parts.. like strings on audio 1-2, drums on 3-4, piano on 5-6 for example.

MADI? Digital I/Os? network?

thanks
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

no one has this configuration/?
Old 24th August 2007
it's been a few years since i had a mac & 2 pc's @ my place.
my roomate was on OS9 due to not wanting to upgrade all his software & the interface wasnt too smooth. basically i could look @ his files like a webpage if he setup the sharing. so seeing folders & passing wav's back & forth was the extent of the connection. i hear the options have improved.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

well i dont mean networking them. i mean triggering the samples from logic pro or PT via midioverlan or midi I/os and trigger samples in gigastudio in realtime and then recording the outcome. so its like having an outboard sampler. which is the ideal setup for film music and orchestra sequencing.

its pretty powerfull stuff if u have sample libraries like sonic implants , vienne etc.

i went from using a low level pc recording stereo via spdif with a maudio delta card to going all native with my g5 which can take a big load but the only problems is loading the samples itself. about 20 minutes each time i restart. so im getting a better PC but looking into a good multi digital i/o or expand my mind on what other poeple are using for this type of setups.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search