The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
recover deleted files DAW Software
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Nut

recover deleted files

I deleted some files from my Pro Tools Session, I selected unused files and deleted them, I tried to recover them with On Track Easy Recover program but they don`t even appear on the list of deleted files, does anyone have any suggestions
Old 25th August 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquemada View Post
I deleted some files from my Pro Tools Session, I selected unused files and deleted them, I tried to recover them with On Track Easy Recover program but they don`t even appear on the list of deleted files, does anyone have any suggestions
I was in the same situation three weeks ago and I finally managed to recover the files with Data Rescue II here : Data Rescue II: Mac Data Rescue & Mac Data Recovery Software

I'm afraid it is only for Mac though but I'm not sure.
You have to be careful not to change anything in the hard disk where these files belonged, before you try to recover them .
Hope that helps.
Old 8th August 2008
Here for the gear

trying to recover pro tools files

HEy

I'm currently using data rescue II to try and recover some sessions I trashed by accident...

Pro tools files seem not to come up in the scan results? does data rescue somehow re name the files?

mean bros

Regz
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

those things work if u stopped using the drive once u relaized u erased the files. If u continued to use the drive the stuff u r looking for is under more layers and u may have to go the professional recovery route
Old 8th August 2008
Here for the gear

I haven't re booted my comp.... but did in target mode so I could analyze from another computer.
Has any body had success in retrieving a PTF file with Data rescue??
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

You need Time Machine baby!!!

I had to go back to a previous mix for 8 hours earlier to grab some settings, had it bak in 30 seconds. I love it!! All automated back-ups it's the coolest thing on Leopard.
Old 8th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonus View Post
I was in the same situation three weeks ago and I finally managed to recover the files with Data Rescue II here : Data Rescue II: Mac Data Rescue & Mac Data Recovery Software
This thing is genius! It saved my ass a few weeks ago when I realized that my drum files were gone despite three seperate backups.

Missing Drums in PT! Please Help!!!!
Old 8th August 2008
Gear Maniac

Smile

Hi Torquemada

Cool name by the way. Bet not many people know who he was...
I'd have a suggestion, I used this thing before and it recovered files from a laptop drive and even a USB key.
Also it was a free promotion copy , full version.

AESUS deleted file recovery 2.1.1

Take look at it, just a suggestion...
Old 13th February 2011
Here for the gear

RE

Try recover your deleted files with Disk Drill data recovery software, hope this helps you
Old 14th February 2011
Gear Guru

If my memory serves me correctly, you are looking for a hidden file

.trashes
Old 18th June 2011
Here for the gear

I formatted my Glyph ext hd from mac to windows without backing up my files first. I've looked into a couple data recovery programs that look good...... What I am wondering now is; my ext hd is formatted for windows and i dont want to damage my files any further so do i recover my data using windows vista or do i reformat the ext hd back to mac and work on recovering my data from there?

Note: I have not used the ext hd since i F*@% it up.
Old 24th September 2011
Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

Piriform Recuva helped me recover a good amount of sessions and rar files from emailed sessions in the past

It takes a good 4-6hrs to do the deep scan mode, but it'll bring up stuff you've probably forgotten about

like it was mentioned before tho, dont keep writing to the disc or the chance of recovery reduces significantly
Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear

Remo Recover
Old 17th October 2011
Here for the gear

Well, I think the first thing should do is stop writing anything back in case chances of recovery may be greatly reduced, as you know data recovery is not 100% sure particularly when deleted files got overwritten.
Old 26th November 2011
Here for the gear

recover files Mac

Yes, lisann is right. Once you lost any type of data especially on Mac computer system then you should try to overwrite the space from where you have lost your data. To recover files Mac, you should use such effective tool which is at least a trusted software or recovery tool. Once you get the preview of your lost data then you can easily recover it with the help of any trusted third party recovery tool.
Old 14th December 2011
Here for the gear

No need to get tensed! Just use Kernel for Windows Data Recovery software and restore all important data completely that you lost just due to corruption of Windows file system.
Old 19th August 2017
Here for the gear

Windows Data Recovery tool is the 'comprehensive' solution for repairing/recovering all your windows OS corrupt or damaged files.

This tool lets you recover all file system data (all of FAT and NTFS file type versions). This tool also supports master boot record and GUID partition tables and lets you recover maximum possible data from both internal as well as external drives with utmost accuracy.

It even lets you recover permanently deleted files, provided that no changes were made on the hard disk since the deletion.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search