The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC Konnekt on Mackbook Pro running XP issues. Audio Interfaces
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Maniac

TC Konnekt on Mackbook Pro running XP issues.

I can't seem to get my Konnekt 24D to run on XP on my Macbook Pro. I'm on the latest software 1.22 and latest firmware. I already installed the firewire Hotfixes for Windows XP. But still, I can't even get it to do simple playback of a stereo track. All I get is massive dropouts to a point where it simply stops playback. I tried this with Samplitude, Reason and Reaper, getting the same result. The Konnekt 24D seems to work fine when I boot it up in OS X. Also, it seems to work fine on my desktop Pentium D 950 Asus based machine. However I really need it to run on my Macbook Pro on XP. Any hel would be appreciated.
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

No Konnekt users here?
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

I have also not been able to get it to work AT ALL on Boot Camp XP on my Santa Rosa MBP using the stock FW port. I was able to get it going momentarily using an Express FW Card instead of native FW....but not even close to usable. But that does give me hope that it is an issue with the FW chipset in the MBP or something along those lines....I am now going to try o see if I can find an Express Card that works better that the one I tried (can't remember the brand at the moment). Unfortunately, this would necessitate the use of the FW800 port for an external drive....which would in turn make the native FW400 port likely unable to accomodate something like a Duende or other DSP FW device.

On OSX I'm having luck running it off the native FW400 port, leaving the Express port free to run an ESATA external drive....
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monologuist View Post
I have also not been able to get it to work AT ALL on Boot Camp XP on my Santa Rosa MBP using the stock FW port. I was able to get it going momentarily using an Express FW Card instead of native FW....but not even close to usable. But that does give me hope that it is an issue with the FW chipset in the MBP or something along those lines....I am now going to try o see if I can find an Express Card that works better that the one I tried (can't remember the brand at the moment). Unfortunately, this would necessitate the use of the FW800 port for an external drive....which would in turn make the native FW400 port likely unable to accomodate something like a Duende or other DSP FW device.

On OSX I'm having luck running it off the native FW400 port, leaving the Express port free to run an ESATA external drive....
My MBP does run fine on XP with a MOTU 896HD and a Presonus Firebox. However, TC Electronic suggested I run a DPC Latency Program and it shows it going into the red. I really need the TC Konnekt to run on the XP side on my MBP. If not, I'll have to return it. :(
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Addict

This isn't anything to do with "the wireless issue" is it? It's an issue on MacBooks - not sure about the Pro's. Try disabling wifi (in Control Panel > Network Connections) and disable "Wireless Zero Configuration" in Services.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search