The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Country/Classic Rock user friendly software Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Nut

Country/Classic Rock user friendly software

Out of all the software mentioned in the most user friendly post, which would be most suited for country/classic rock, and contain the most options for natural sounding drums, patterns , instruments e.t.c.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

what kind of software are you looking for? There is no special DAW for any genre and if you need sounds then looking at loops and sample libraries are your best bet.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

A DAW is (more or less) not bound to any style. For drum plug-ins I would suggest looking at EZ Drummer. They have expansion packs for both classic rock and country.

Toontrack
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Nut

Ableton Live, and Tracktion were mentioned in a previous topic that were very user friendly. Would either of these require an additional purchase of software to acheive the ability to produce country/classic rock styles?
The reason I ask, is that when I visit tutorial websites, the demos always seem to involve hip hop and/or electronica types of examples. I'd like to get one that will serve a wide variety of needs without additional purchases. Am I dreaming, or is this possible within a user friendly format.
I'm new at this and will be asking questions that may not make sense. Feel free to set me straight. I'm trying to figure out which software will serve my needs without making me jump through economic and learning curve hoops.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear
Do you have a computer already? Mac or PC?

It sounds like you want to keep stuff very simple, which is totally understandable. If you are running Mac, and are going to MOSTLY be doing AUDIO recording, then why go much farther than running Garageband with a nice audio interface?

Oh, and I second checking out Toontracks EZ Drummer w/ the Nashville expansion pack. I do believe that would get you in the country sound pretty easily!

halcyo
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Nut

i have a new dell 2gb with vista. Yes i want to keep it as simple as possible until I get some experience and confidence. It would be nice to "nail it" in one package for now, and that's where I need the advice.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Cool

+1 on Ezdrummer... very cool software... great patterns.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

damill..
check this out....
Norton Music's user style disk #6 for Band-in-a-Box
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Can you recommend me a good hammer for making gazebos?

Most of the hammers I see for sale look like they'd be better suited for building decks, or possibly, garden beds.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search