The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nuendo To Pro Tools questions DAW Software
Old 21st August 2007
Here for the gear

Nuendo To Pro Tools questions

I've just converted over from Nuendo to Pro Tools & I'm starting to get the hang of it. In Nuendo, when I comped vocals, I would clear out all of the noise & then grab the "handle" on the top of each individual waveform to even out the volumes. Then I would select them all & use the fade handle to put a fade on all of them. Is there something similar in Pro Tools?

In Nuendo, when I solo a track, it automatically solos the buss & master associated with it. Also, if I solo a buss, it automatically solos the tracks associated with it. So far, I have to go through & solo every part of the chain in Pro Tools. Is there a way to set it up to work the way I'm used to?
Old 21st August 2007
not that familiar with nuendo, but here goes...

make sure the "a-z" button top left is on - for 1-key shortcuts...

if you select all your trimmed regions, and press "f" it'll put a fade in and fade out on all the regions. Type of fade and default length is defined in preferences.

Flick the display to show volume for each track. Double click to select each region, then put on the "trim" tool and level volume up and down (this is writing automation though - it'll mean that you won't be able to use the main fader to rebalance. A work-around is to insert a trim plug, and automate that instead, to level out individual phrases, whilst still being able to set the level of the audio in the mix).

apple+click the solo button on any aux buss, or group buss that you're using post fade. This solo safes them in the same way you have to solo safe channels on an analogue board. Master faders can be muted but aren't affected by solos.

Does that answer your questions?!
Old 21st August 2007
Here for the gear

Thans so much for the answers. I should have mentioned that I'm running PT on a PC.
Old 21st August 2007
In PT you can use what's known as "solo safe" mode on the channels you always want to be solo'd. Hold down the command key and click the solo button on the channel you want to always solo (at least on the mac, not sure about the key command on the pc side but it's in the manual).

As far as evening out the vocal volumes, switch the track in question to "volume" instead of "waveform" and you'll be presented with the volume automation line. You can use the tools to select exactly where you want to make adjustments. Alternatively you can put the automation in "write" mode and ride the fader manually using the mouse or a control surface. Of course after you do that you can always go back and tweak by hand if necessary.

Hope that helps!
Old 21st August 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
if you select all your trimmed regions, and press "f" it'll put a fade in and fade out on all the regions. Type of fade and default length is defined in preferences.
Wow! I didn´t knew about that editing feature, thanks a lot!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search