The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools- pasting mix settings to sessions
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Addict

Pro Tools- pasting mix settings to sessions

Hi all,

I have four songs, each on a separate section but ending up on the same album. I mixed the drums and set up the plugins on them, got fantastic sounds. Now I want to put these settings on each of the other sessions. Short of going the slow way and manually writing down every setting (which I've done before), is there a way I can get these to the new sessions?

I know I can import tracks with Import --> session data, but that pastes everything including regions I thought.

Any advice? Thanks guys.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hw2nw View Post
Hi all,

I have four songs, each on a separate section but ending up on the same album. I mixed the drums and set up the plugins on them, got fantastic sounds. Now I want to put these settings on each of the other sessions. Short of going the slow way and manually writing down every setting (which I've done before), is there a way I can get these to the new sessions?

I know I can import tracks with Import --> session data, but that pastes everything including regions I thought.

Any advice? Thanks guys.
when u do import session data, there is a list at the bottom left which lets u choose specifically what all you wanna import, so carefully select what all u wanna import! its very easy to do!
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Nut

In the plug-in window, click Save Settings As...

You can save all of your plug in settings that way, and use them from session to session. Good luck!
Old 21st August 2007
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawannabe View Post
In the plug-in window, click Save Settings As...

You can save all of your plug in settings that way, and use them from session to session. Good luck!
That will work, but it's much slower than import session data. It's easy and if you get stuck, R T F M.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingneeraj View Post
when u do import session data, there is a list at the bottom left which lets u choose specifically what all you wanna import, so carefully select what all u wanna import! its very easy to do!
Or save your original "good sounding drums" sessions in the "save as" command under a new name. Call it, "mix template". Then delete the audio from the edit window so you are just left with the tracks and their plugs.

Then import session data. The only reason I mentioned this way is because I don't know if you are on LE or HD and each have different importing options in the "import session data" menu.
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryst View Post
Or save your original "good sounding drums" sessions in the "save as" command under a new name. Call it, "mix template". Then delete the audio from the edit window so you are just left with the tracks and their plugs.

Then import session data. The only reason I mentioned this way is because I don't know if you are on LE or HD and each have different importing options in the "import session data" menu.
Thanks, that makes sense.

I'm running LE, 7.3.1.
Old 10th January 2016
Here for the gear

Importing Session Data

Hey I'm having a little problem when importing session data.. My plug ins are not importing at all but i have my plug in assignments and plug in settings and automation selected. i run PT 11

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search