The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Do you know this Pro Tools Key command? DAW Software
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Do you know this Pro Tools Key command?

Maybe this key command exists (i hope) or maybe it doesn't. Is there a key command to assign inputs sequentially over multiple tracks?

In other words: I create 16 mono audio tracks and I want the inputs to be 1-16 respectively. It's a tedious process in PT to go to the menu 16 times...is there a modifier/key command that I can use on track 1 and pro tools will assign the remaining tracks inputs sequentially?

I hope this made sense....

thanks in advance...
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Head

off the top of my head (without PT open), i believe that you hold command and option and set the input for one track. perhaps it might be shift either as well or instead of command.
the 'option' is 'do to all' and try command or shift does it sequentially as per you I/O setup interface listing.
have you had a look at the keyboard shortcuts document in the help menu?
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Control+Option while selecting the inputs for the first track...

to select the same input for every channel it's Option+Command and select inputs for first channel and all else will change...

now make sure to mute your aux channels when doing this because it could cause some nasty feedback if you do this....
Old 20th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaby987 View Post
Control+Option while selecting the inputs for the first track...

to select the same input for every channel it's Option+Command and select inputs for first channel and all else will change...

now make sure to mute your aux channels when doing this because it could cause some nasty feedback if you do this....

thanks you are awesome!thumbsup
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search