The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PowerCore Virus Problems Desktop Synthesizers
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

PowerCore Virus Problems

Hey GS's, I bought the Virus for the powercore and still haven't been able to use it 'cause of some errors. I've been waiting for a reply form TCe for about a week and a half with no reply except for their useless autoresponder.

Anyway hoping some one here has shared this frustration and knows the soution. I'm just gonna paste here what I sent to TCe. looking forward to some answers. thx
-----------
Virus Powercore FW- Communication Error.
08/10/2007 07:03 AM

System: PowerBook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB ram, Cubase SX 3.1.1

I installed Virus recently and still can't use it. The plugin status is "Full" "Enabled", I have all the CPU's free and I get an error message stating that communicaiton has been lost to the powercore and for me to power-off all PowerCore fx, save the project and restart. Well that doesn't work. All other plugin's are working fine.

please advise.
--
Virus Powercore FW- Communication Error.
08/19/2007 10:01 AM

Okay I've received no real answer to this problem yet. It's frustrating having bought a Plugin and not be able to use for 3 weeks now.

The plugin works intermediately. If I start a new project in Cubase SX3 with no PowerCore Plugins loaded except for the Virus, it sometimes it works. Except for when I reload the project the next day the PowerCore Error Messenger is saying that there are "No more instances of this plugin left" (something like that), although I only have one instance of it loaded.

So now I have the problem of it not loading at all due to it losing communication and the problem that regarding more then one instance is loaded when it clearly isn't.

Please help out ASAP. thx
---------

that's it.
Old 19th August 2007
Lives for gear

My Advice is join this forum

http://www.powercore.noheaven.com/

The forum is down at the minute but try tommorow Ive had plenty of help from other users on the forum.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

well, I am one step ahead of you - I received a response from TC suggesting to purchase a PCMCIA firewire adapter and install a Microsoft hotfix for improving firewire transfer speeds. I also upgraded from SX3 to Cubase 4 to be on the safe side.

However, this did nothing - it crashes within moments of opening it - like you, I can occasionally get it to work for long enough to quickly render as audio and then get rid of it from the project before i crashes it.

I am sure this must be an Access problem because all my other powercore plugs are rock solid - plus I was in a music store the other day where the sales guy was complaining about all the warranty claims and stability complaints they were getting for Virus TI which further deepened my suspicions...
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

So in other words it still doesn't work?

I actually have a PCMCIA FW card kicking around and tried it out, same problem.

Hey maybe if I find a cracked version of vrius it will work.stike. this is pissing me off.

The store I bought it from won't take the return because it's software, I mean if I'm gonna have problems with this all the time I don't want it.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear
Is this a Windows thing or does it exhibit the same behavior on Mac-based systems?

I've been entertaining the thought of purchasing the Virus plug, after how good the Powercore synth sounds, and playing with the PCVirus demo. If it's a bug-bear, I'm not interested. I run Logic on a G5, and Powercore's always been like a dependable friend to my system.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Make sure you have the latest powercore drivers installed and the latest Virus plug in version.I would also try a different firewire cable and make sure the Powercore is the only thing on the firewire port.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

the http://www.powercore.noheaven.com/ site's been down for a few weeks now.

Yes, all the updated versions are installed.

All other plugins work fine so it's not the firewire cable.
Old 20th August 2007
Lives for gear

Try loading the Virus on too any other chip than the 1st
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

UPDATE

Okay, so it's been 1 MONTH now and still no response form TC.E.

I've even called there corporate office and have left messages with service dept. still no reply. WTF.

I just picked up a MAC Intel xeon, so we'll see what happens after I install the updates.

Regardless, this is the WORST support ever. For a company of their size, you'd expect to receive better support. This would deter me from buying their products in the future for sure.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Im sorry to say but tc electronics are the worst company I have ever dealt with
and thats saying a lot coming from a steinberg user.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

steinberg is the best support I've had, at least in Toronto anyway. I've always gotten a tech. to deal with my issus live.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONDRAY View Post
steinberg is the best support I've had, at least in Toronto anyway. I've always gotten a tech. to deal with my issus live.

Here in the uk Steinberg tech support tell Mac users to get a Pc!
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redroom View Post
Here in the uk Steinberg tech support tell Mac users to get a Pc!

WOW, what bull****.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search