The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Buggiest software you've ever used? DAW Software
Old 19th June 2008
Lives for gear

Probably something on some early Windows version or a semi-hacked Amiga app. In more modern days the thing that springs to mind is Logic 8.
Old 26th June 2008
Lives for gear

myspace.com fuuck
Old 26th June 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiff View Post
Probably something on some early Windows version or a semi-hacked Amiga app. In more modern days the thing that springs to mind is Logic 8.
logic in 8.0.2 is getting better but they still have work to do
Old 26th June 2008
Gear Maniac

Logic 8 hands down.
Old 26th June 2008
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleodgrant View Post
i'll have to say logic pro; even though it's stable, it has some of the weirdest & most frustrating bugs.

native instruments can be quite buggy too

everything else on my system seems to work pretty much perfectly
Logic 8.0 and 8.1 were pretty dreadful. 8.0.2 is better but still weird. After a horrible time with Samplitude on PC I switched to Mac...... only to find myself in familiar territory.

I have a Yamaha accoustic guitar. No OS or driver problems with that.
Old 21st July 2008
Gear Maniac

bah...bahhah....bahahahahahahahah!!!
you are kidding right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay M View Post
I have seen Windows listed a number of times as buggy. Or maybe just one person said it a number of times....

but what bugs does windows have? Every once in a while I'll have explorer disappear, but other than that I haven't had any issues. It just sits there and hosts the programs.

~Jay
Old 21st July 2008
Lives for gear

Finale (every version gets worse because they don't fix problems before adding new crap)

EWQL PLAY was total crap on the first release.

iLife 2008
Old 21st July 2008
Gear Guru

I have to go all the way back with this one. Professional Composer by MOTU. Hands down the buggiest I've ever used. But that's way back in the mid to late 80s.

Battery 1 was kind of sucky. Otherwise it hasn't been too bad.
Old 21st July 2008
Lives for gear

all of my native instrunments software goes unused because of flaky performance. The only one that I use is massive. kontakt, battery, and akoustik piano haven't been used in nearly 9 months.
Old 21st July 2008
Gear Nut

Nuendo 2.0.

Nightmare from hell.

Regards,
Bill
Old 21st July 2008
Gear Maniac

Smile

There is a lot of software I dislike, however if I'm pushed into using something I dislike, I tend to start hating it...
Like Windows Vista !
Old 21st July 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingswood6 View Post
Nuendo 2.0.
C'mon man, I still use that and I own v3.heh

I'm guessing maybe you're talking about the Mac build, or a really early 2?
Old 21st July 2008
Gear Maniac

Logic 4 was awful... The stupidest bug I remember was that any tracks in folders would need to be clicked on before they would output midi. EVERY TIME YOU RE-OPENED A SESSION. It took me a long time to figure that one out, and even after knowing about it I still found it cumbersome and frustrating. I didn't touch logic 5-7. In fact the only thing I used logic for during that time was to export tempo changes into pro tools. To me, Logic 8 is a huge improvement from the version I learned on. The bugs I've experienced with it are annoying, but not something that stops my workflow the way 4.8 did.

Every new version of Finale is more terrible than the last... like someone else mentioned they never fix anything, they just keep adding more crap. The interface is clumsy and it just seems so non-productive. I don't understand why publishing houses use it.

OS9 is fine if you use it as a dedicated pro tools machine. But you have to know how to set it up properly, and not load ANY other software on it. So because of this limitation and the extensions manager BS, I'll include OS9.

OSX 10.0 through 10.2 were worthless.

Leopturd has been an experience too. I've had nothing but problems with firewire audio interface drivers. I still haven't successfully gotten a firewire audio interface to work in it. Aside from that, everything works great, I just can't GET ANY GOD DAMN AUDIO OUT OF THE COMPUTER!!!!

All versions of windows before XP are useless. XP and vista are usable, but clumsy.

Any application designed to convert sample formats isn't worth it.
Old 21st July 2008

The absolute worst experience I had was using an earlier version of Pro Tools 6.x with soft synths.

PT would crash whenever there was 2 or more instances of any soft synth.
Old 21st July 2008
Gear Nut

Protools LE 6.x on PC. The whole thing was just a mess and I wish I would have moved on from it a lot quicker than I did.
Old 21st July 2008
Gear Guru

I don't know if this is a bug, my system or user error, but Toast 9.02 has been hanging like a big dog every other DVD audio archiving session I do.
Old 22nd July 2008
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagerfeldt View Post
1. Windows (any version)
2. ProTools (especially on Windows)
3. Cubase
4. WaveBurner
5. Melodyne
1. Bang & Olufson
2. Anything Danish (including the football team and the pastries)
Old 22nd July 2008
Lives for gear

nTrack, over and over, every release I thought "they nailed the bugs", but nooooo they nailed ME and my time again! So I uninstalled as usual.

Then my registry cleaner(s) found lots of errors.

To paraphrase what a distant friend once said:

nTrack: Install to C:\Recycled. Enjoy
Old 22nd July 2008
Deleted User
Hmm.

I remember Opcode 'Vision' being a bugfest.

Gigastudio 2 never worked right for me either, mind you that was on Windows 98 which was one constant error message after another.

Toast 6 crashed repeatedly whenever I was crazy enough to try their 'transfer records to CD' program. SpinDoctor? Ugh!

But hands down for me was the Mac version of 'Translator Pro' (sic). It was supposed to translate old EMU and Roland sampler files into Logic's EXS format. Rarely worked. The interface hung often and didn't follow even the most basic Mac conventions.

When I emailed the developer to complain, he told me it wasn't his fault, because "macs are stupid". I asked him why, if he thought that, he bothered to port his software to such a 'stupid' system. No answer. They never did fix any of the bugs, far as I know. Big waste of time that one...

Honorable mention goes to Lexicon for the 'Core32' reverb/recording system. Great potential, great hardware, and software from the early DOS era that never supported mac hosts other than Cubase. Still got it in a closet somewhere...

Fun stuff!

(last mention: Bars & Pipes on the Amiga!)

Old 22nd July 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by piranesi View Post
1. Bang & Olufson
2. Anything Danish (including the football team and the pastries)
Haha, I agree about the footie team. Can't believe we managed to win the European Championship in 1992.

But that was a very different team back then.. it sucks ass with a straw today.

However, I fail to see how Danish pastries can be buggy? Ah, well.
Old 22nd July 2008
Lives for gear

All the GigaStudio/GigaSampler stuff - from the Nemesys throught the Tascam days.

Only thing it ever worked well on was an ME machine that was unusable because it had ME on it.
Old 22nd July 2008
Lives for gear

At the moment, iMovie 08. I thought this total remake was made due to the stability issues in HD, but I find it's actually crashing a lot more than its predecessor ever was.

Audio-related, and quite unfair since they aren't officially supported until Logic 7.2: the SoundToys Native bundle in Logic 7.1.1. These are the only Audio Units I've ever had noise issue with. I'm guessing Logic 8 will make my camping experience happier.
Old 22nd July 2008
Lives for gear

restricted to music software:

Arturia Analog Factory
NI Battery < 3.0
Early Logic versions for Windows
Lexicon sound interface (can't remember the name)

and the worst was

Nuendo 1.0 for the Mac
Old 23rd July 2008
Gear Addict

Kontakt 1
Halion

For some reason they just dont like to work. The samples play but with a high pitch noise, very odd. But it works long enough to mix stuff down so its not all bad, its usable.
Old 23rd July 2008
Gear Maniac

Adat Edit
Windows 95, 98, ME
McAfee AV
Roxio EZ-CD Creator 6
WordPerfect 5.1 for Windows
Old 23rd July 2008
Pro Tools LE, any version. Total **** software!
Old 23rd July 2008
Pro Tools Free. Put me off PT for life.

r,
j,

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search