The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Audio Introduces V12
Old 19th October 2020 | Show parent
News Desk Editor

Waves Audio Introduces V12

Waves Audio Introduces V12-waves_v12.jpg

Waves Audio Introduces V12, the New Version of Waves Plugins, Featuring Plugin Resizing and More Exciting New Features

Knoxville, TN, October 19, 2020 — Waves Audio, the world’s leading developer of professional audio signal processing technologies and leading maker of audio plugins for mixing, music production, mastering, sound design, broadcast, post-production and live sound, announces the availability of V12 (Version 12), the new version of Waves plugins.

Waves V12 adds exciting new features to Waves’ entire massive catalog of plugins. This includes the ability to resize Waves plugins, highly requested by Waves users. Other new additions include a new accelerated preset search engine, sharp retina-ready graphics, and plugins added to select premium bundles.

Waves V12 plugins now let you resize your plugins, in order to view them however large or small you want to. You can choose from five GUI sizes – up to 200% of the original plugin size. You can also customize different default sizes per plugin, to have them open in whichever size you prefer them. You can now see and tweak your plugins more easily, maximize your screen real estate, and boost your productivity.

With V12 you can also find and audition presets instantly using the new lightning-fast preset browser. You can now find the perfect preset for your tracks more easily than ever. No need to browse manually through preset menus and sub menus – you can now search presets by text, filter them by name, and quickly audition different presets on the fly, while playing your track.

V12 also adds retina-ready graphics to all Waves plugins. You can now take full advantage of retina displays and reduce CPU load by processing plugin graphics on your GPU (graphics card).

Owners of Waves’ premium Platinum, Horizon and Diamond bundles who update their bundles to V12 get three bonus plugins added to their bundle without extra charge: LoAir, Submarine, and the Smack Attack transient shaper.

Updating your plugins to V12 helps you future-proof your sessions and ensure your Waves plugins will remain fully compatible with the latest operating system and DAW versions. This way you can stop worrying about technical details and focus your attention on what matters most – your creative workflow.

To update to V12, your Waves plugins need to be covered by the Waves Update Plan, the complete care and support plan for Waves products. The Waves Update Plan comes free for one year with every new Waves plugin or bundle purchase, and is renewable at any time afterwards. Owners of products covered by the Waves Update Plan also get:
  • Second licenses for any covered products, for the duration of their coverage; second licenses can be used on a different computer, without having to move licenses back and forth between devices.
  • Premium tech support, including phone, email & personal remote assistance via TeamViewer
  • Vouchers towards any Waves software purchase
  • Exclusive access to Waves Premium Masterclasses – a new series launched in tandem with V12. The first masterclass in the series – available exclusively to Waves Update Plan owners – features GRAMMY®-winning mix engineer & producer Young Guru (Jay Z).
  • Waves V12 plugins – New Features & Additions:
  • Resizable plugin windows – V12 plugins offer five interface sizes to let you organize your screens however you like.
  • Lightning fast preset search – Find the perfect preset with instant text search, instead of browsing manually through menus, and quickly audition your results.
  • Retina-ready sharper graphics – Take full advantage of retina displays and reduce CPU load by processing plugin graphics on your GPU.
  • Future-proofed compatibility – Full ongoing compatibility with the latest major DAWs & operating systems.
  • Free plugins added to selected premium bundles: Platinum, Horizon, and Diamond owners get LoAir, Smack Attack and Submarine.

Waves Audio devotes considerable effort and software development resources in order to ensure that the plugins that users have invested in, whether recently or twenty years ago, will always remain compatible with all the latest major DAWs and operating systems. V12 is the latest in Waves’ ongoing updates, allowing users to continuously focus on what is important: creating the best music and audio they possibly can, now and in the future.

Videos:

“Introducing Waves V12 – Resize Plugins. Find Presets Instantly”: https://youtu.be/I1djkkpaKGg

“How To Resize Waves Plugins | Waves V12 New Feature”: https://youtu.be/4ApbP3FWJr8

“Find & Audition Plugin Presets Instantly | Waves V12 New Feature”: https://youtu.be/61qIfyTvKfI

To learn more, visit www.waves.com/v12.
Attached Thumbnails
Waves Audio Introduces V12-waves_v12.jpg  
Old 19th October 2020
Lives for gear

Waves V12 is here, now with resizable GUIs

https://www.waves.com/v12

I upgraded one of my licenses that I don't use much to V12 (in case it all went pear-shaped), downloaded the latest Waves Central, activated the "new" V12 license and installed the V12 plugin. Of course Reaper had to rescan all the Waves plugins. Then it comes up with both the V11 and V12 versions of the plugin!

However, all my Waves plugins loaded, from my old V9 ones to the new V12 one which does indeed resize. But.... it kinda looks to me all it does is resize the original bitmaps, they've not been redrawn or re-rendered which makes them a bit fuzzy which is lazy and not that great, if I'm honest.

Of course, if you have a high-dpi / retina monitor (I don't), maybe this'll look good for you. But it's not like the Klanghelm plugins (for example) where he re-rendered each size. Shame.

Still, the process was mostly painless and worked first time, so that's good
Attached Thumbnails
Waves Audio Introduces V12-waves-100.png   Waves Audio Introduces V12-waves-200.png  
Lives for gear

They bringing out a new version every year now?
Lives for gear

Gear Head

The graphics look razor-sharp on retina screens (iMacs, MBPs, etc..)
Gear Head

Very welcome updates but it would cost me $240 to go to V12 for all my plugins They must make enough money from WUP to justify the cost, but I can't help but think they'd be better off having a flat yearly or monthly fee for WUP which covers ALL your purchased plugins. I'd be okay with $10 per month/$120 per year or something like that, but I know many others wouldn't.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetSpot View Post
Very welcome updates but it would cost me $240 to go to V12 for all my plugins They must make enough money from WUP to justify the cost, but I can't help but think they'd be better off having a flat yearly or monthly fee for WUP which covers ALL your purchased plugins. I'd be okay with $10 per month/$120 per year or something like that, but I know many others wouldn't.
Think WUP is capped at $150? I always wait until they have a deal on WUP before upgrading.
Gear Addict

LOL been trying to update and Waves servers are absolutely pinned right now as the entire planet goes OMG PLEASE YES CAN I FINALLY SEE THESE THINGS ON MODERN SCREENS!?!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
https://www.waves.com/v12

I upgraded one of my licenses that I don't use much to V12 (in case it all went pear-shaped), downloaded the latest Waves Central, activated the "new" V12 license and installed the V12 plugin. Of course Reaper had to rescan all the Waves plugins. Then it comes up with both the V11 and V12 versions of the plugin!

However, all my Waves plugins loaded, from my old V9 ones to the new V12 one which does indeed resize. But.... it kinda looks to me all it does is resize the original bitmaps, they've not been redrawn or re-rendered which makes them a bit fuzzy which is lazy and not that great, if I'm honest.

Of course, if you have a high-dpi / retina monitor (I don't), maybe this'll look good for you. But it's not like the Klanghelm plugins (for example) where he re-rendered each size. Shame.

Still, the process was mostly painless and worked first time, so that's good
Seems odd someone would go out of their way to cut and paste the same posting in multiple places, unless they're trying to spread some sort of agenda of an opinion. (Waves Hate Ignorance)

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...p?f=6&t=554203

Maybe next time you should demo something first before upgrading, so you don't whine about it to the rest of us about it afterwards. And then waste energy and time posting it in multiple places to show your opinion based solely on "laziness".

By the way how does it sound?
Lives for gear

Quote:
You were right - $240!!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
You were right - $240!!
(Waves Hate Ignorance)

Step #1 - Stop being lazy.

Step #2 - Learn the difference between Upgrading Bundles and WUP.

Step #3 - Move on.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzreactor View Post
Seems odd someone would go out of their way to cut and paste the same posting in multiple places, unless they're trying to spread some sort of agenda of an opinion. (Waves Hate Ignorance)

Maybe next time you should demo something first before upgrading, so you don't whine about it to the rest of us about it afterwards. And then waste energy and time posting it in multiple places to show your opinion based solely on "laziness".

You do realize that you come out looking much worse than a member of the community who has been years here and on KvR? The fact that you bother "tracking" him makes it almost impossible for anybody to disregard you as a Sock Puppet for Waves or one of the resellers.

It'd also help your case if you'd realize that his post was all in all ended with positivity.. but no, you wanted to make it sound like he absolutely hates it all.

Oh the irony..

Quote:
(Waves Hate Ignorance)

Step #3 - Move on.
Is there any way to be more obvious about this..
Lives for gear

I stopped upgrading to Waves when V9
came out. Haven’t bought one new Waves plugin
in years. V12 doesn’t entice me to start
buying Waves again.
Lives for gear

Quote:

Well, I guess your comments deserve an answer. People have been waiting for resizable GUIs from Waves for quite a while, so now they're finally here it's a big deal. There's plenty of people who come here but don't frequent KVR and vice-versa so it seems sensible to post in both forums. Honestly, once I'd written the first post, all I had to do was copy the text and post in the other forum, it was not really much work.

I'm not sure I was whining, rather, having upgraded a few plugins with this new feature, I was pointing out that it's not a very good implementation of a resizable GUI. A lot of people had issues upgrading from V9 to V10, and V10 to V11 so rather than people rush out to upgrade to V12, I just wanted to say that although the upgrade process for me went very smoothly, it's probably not worth doing unless you have need of the resizable GUIs. I did mention that the preset browser is pretty neat so that's a nice bonus.

I have quite a lot of Waves plugins, I guess upwards of 30, so I'm not sure I would call myself a Waves Hater, just a hobbyist who has never made a penny from the godawful racket I like to call music, and has spent way too much on plugins over the years

Quote:
The resizable GUIs sound great, thanks, as does the preset browser. The plugins themselves, as you would imagine, sound exactly the same as they did.

Anyhow, I think it's good to have discussions about these sort of things. There will be a variety of opinions and thoughts in these forums and they always generate an interesting dialog.
Lives for gear

Waves is just kidding us. Between V9 and V11 there is no improvement. V12 is just stretching ugly 20 year old graphics. No go for me, good buy Waves
Lives for gear

love waves. waiting to upgrade - website being smashed
Lives for gear

Quote:
(Waves Hate Ignorance)

Step #3 - Move on.
1. At which point did I say I hate Waves?

2. From memory, the WUP cap was $150 (I was mistaken, sorry!) - I upgraded a few months ago.
3. Zero complaints about Waves, ever.
4. Why are you such a numpty?
Gear Maniac

Waves hater here! (Jk)

It feels like we just had v11 and what disappoints me most about this is with 12 coming so soon it would have been a great opportunity to just reduce the cap on WUP. I don't object to upgrade charges but $240... no. If updates are gonna be rolling out every year or two please charge $99 or something. Even if you give me $240 credit or whatever I'm probably not gonna be able to spend it in a year anyway...

Anyway, carry on Waves. Carry on.
Lives for gear

OMG... 2020 and no proper vector graphics. No oversampling at all, neither graphics nor audio. It is time to change the avatar
Attached Thumbnails
Waves Audio Introduces V12-screenshot-oct-19-18-57-51.jpg  
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
You do realize that you come out looking much worse than a member of the community who has been years here and on KvR? The fact that you bother "tracking" him makes it almost impossible for anybody to disregard you as a Sock Puppet for Waves or one of the resellers.

It'd also help your case if you'd realize that his post was all in all ended with positivity.. but no, you wanted to make it sound like he absolutely hates it all.

Oh the irony..

Is there any way to be more obvious about this..
LOL

Gear Addict

This is in new products because?
This all seems to me a rather poignant reflection of the race to the bottom that Waves has taken part in by indulging the entitled web forum set with $29 plugins and never-ending "sales".
Lives for gear

Quote:
I upgraded from V9 to V11 a couple of months back.

Happy Waves user here.

The flexible approach of WUP allows me to skip certain upgrades, as I would be short in cash if this were to be a yearly, obligatory thing. And I usually skip a couple of years / upgrades and save a buck.

$240 to upgrade my entire Mercury bundle seems like a good deal to me. It gives me one year of full support. After that I'm on my own, and I have not have issues, even 3 or 4 years in - not changing OS or computer though in that time.

Years ago, sure, things weren't going that smoothly.
But everything got resolved eventually.

One hint: wait with upgrading or updating untill the initial bugs of a new software build are ironed out .. just common sense really when it comes to installing software.

Also invariably some new plugins are added to my bundle for free.
And to top it off, as I bought the WUP I got a voucher to buy more plugins from their site.
Here for the gear

Ill admit i was a bit excited to see scalable GUI's added today. However, after updating a few of the Waves plugins i use, F6 for example looks horrible scaled to a larger size on my monitor. It doesn't look like a true scale, but rather it being stretched. Everything looks blurry past 125%. Not impressed so far.
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattLeschuck View Post
Ill admit i was a bit excited to see scalable GUI's added today. However, after updating a few of the Waves plugins i use, F6 for example looks horrible scaled to a larger size on my monitor. It doesn't look like a true scale, but rather it being stretched. Everything looks blurry past 125%. Not impressed so far.
But it seems they are forcing people to upgrade. The last version that they support is V9.
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kite View Post
But it seems they are forcing people to upgrade. The last version that they support is V9.
You've already got what you paid for and no one is forcing you to upgrade.

I find it funny how dramatically scarred these haters get from buying a plugin that's worth well more then the $29 and then cry when an upgrade comes out that isn't free.

It's a business, maybe you're in the wrong one.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
You've already got what you paid for and no one is forcing you to upgrade.

I find it funny how dramatically scarred these haters get from buying a plugin that's worth well more then the $29 and then cry when an upgrade comes out that isn't free.

It's a business, maybe you're in the wrong one.
You do know that not every single plugin from Waves is 29$ right?!?!
Old 19th October 2020
M2E
Lives for gear

Has anyone tried this with Pro Tools 11? I know it's not supported.

Thanks, Marc
Old 19th October 2020
Lives for gear
I'm really glad these GUIs are finally resizable. But I gotta say... enlarging them looks kinda blurry and not all that great on a PC. Here's hoping for a fix.
Old 19th October 2020
Lives for gear

I just called on Waves to make their GUIs re-sizable a couple days ago in the CLA mixhub thread. Fast response .

Too bad it doesn't seem implemented well. I may try updating one plugin and see how it looks.
📝 Reply