The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Focusrite Saffire Firmware Flash Tool - where to find?
Old 8th August 2020
Here for the gear

Focusrite Saffire Firmware Flash Tool - where to find?

Does anyone have or know where to get the firmware flash tool mentioned in these posts:

saffire mixcontrol does not work properly

Help with updating Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro Firmware!!! (going insane)

I did contact Focusrite Support, but with it being the weekend and all, I don’t know how long I’ll have to wait to hear back, and would like to get my defunct Safire Pro 40 up and running ASAP. Was hoping someone on here has gone through it and might have a version of the tool that works on Mac.

I have a Saffire Pro 40 that had its firmware updated and will no longer work on my system, which is older.

Need the version of the tool that will work on Mac OS X 10.8.5

Thanks!
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacesounds View Post
Does anyone have or know where to get the firmware flash tool mentioned in these posts:

I did contact Focusrite Support, but with it being the weekend and all, I don’t know how long I’ll have to wait to hear back, and would like to get my defunct Safire Pro 40 up and running ASAP. Was hoping someone on here has gone through it and might have a version of the tool that works on Mac.

I have a Saffire Pro 40 that had its firmware updated and will no longer work on my system, which is older.

Need the version of the tool that will work on Mac OS X 10.8.5

Thanks!
I think the mixcontrol versions driver is the firmware. take a look here. looks like you need, Saffire Mix Control 3.4 ,but 3.7 may work. This is for both the Saffire Pro 24 and Saffire Pro 40
https://customer.focusrite.com/en/su..._type=software

https://customer.focusrite.com/en/su...nload_type=all
Old 9th August 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Dalton View Post
I think the mixcontrol versions driver is the firmware. take a look here. looks like you need, Saffire Mix Control 3.4 ,but 3.7 may work. This is for both the Saffire Pro 24 and Saffire Pro 40
https://customer.focusrite.com/en/su..._type=software

Thanks for replying Rick. I'm pretty sure that Mix Control is responsible for updating the firmware on the units, but they are still two separate things.

Here's what I'm troubleshooting:

I was using the Pro 40 just fine on Mix Control 3.2 in my studio. My buddy's interface crapped out on him, and I loaned him the Pro 40. He uses Mix Control 3.7 (didnt' know that at the time). When he gave it back to me, it no longer worked on my system. I think his version of MC updated the firmware. As a test, I installed MC 3.7 on my work computer and tried it, and it worked there, but the system I record audio with is MC 3.2 and I need it to work with that.

In post #6 here, the flash tool is mentioned:

Post #7 here says its possible to downgrade the firmware (I'm assuming with the same afore mentioned tool):

After reading through a bunch of posts and spending a few hours trouble shooting things, I think that's my next step - flash the firmware back to the older version. Currently, the unit shows up under 'system profiler' on my Mac, when connected, but MC says 'no hardware connected' and it doesn't show up in System Prefs or Audio/Midi.
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for replying Rick. I'm pretty sure that Mix Control is responsible for updating the firmware on the units, but they are still two separate things.

I was using the Pro 40 just fine on Mix Control 3.2 in my studio. My buddy's interface crapped out on him, and I loaned him the Pro 40. He uses Mix Control 3.7 (didnt' know that at the time). When he gave it back to me, it no longer worked on my system. I think his version of MC updated the firmware. As a test, I installed MC 3.7 on my work computer and tried it, and it worked there, but the system I record audio with is MC 3.2 and I need it to work with that.

Post #7 here says its possible to downgrade the firmware (I'm assuming with the same afore mentioned tool):

After reading through a bunch of posts and spending a few hours trouble shooting things, I think that's my next step - flash the firmware back to the older version. Currently, the unit shows up under 'system profiler' on my Mac, when connected, but MC says 'no hardware connected' and it doesn't show up in System Prefs or Audio/Midi.
That link tells of the"no hardware connected" issue if you look under details. I couldn't find any tool. I'm sure the driver is the firmware, its like that with a lot of interfaces, now days....
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

try downgrading to 2.4 and drivers/firmware, then upgrade or reinstall 3.2.
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

see if 2.4 will download and install.

Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

it tells that the driver/firmware was updated to 3.5.6 release in Saffire Mix Control 2.4

31 Aug 2011 + Details

- Driver updated to 3.5.6 release
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

From everything i've seen You can contact Focusrite and they will provide you with a firmware downgrade. So that's probably the tool.
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

I couldnt find the link I had for mac;s,,, this is for windows, but it does confirm that f*cusrite does have to send you a batch to downgrade.

https://translate.google.com/transla...search&pto=aue
📝 Reply