The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Weird audio output issue with Saffire Pro 40
Old 8th August 2020
Weird audio output issue with Saffire Pro 40

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

First off: PT 12.8, Win10, Focusrite Pro 40

So I've been having this bizarre issue with my interface. At least, I think it's the interface, could be software I suppose. Basically, most times it's almost as if my output has to... warm up. I can load up a YouTube video, or a track in Pro Tools, whatever, and play it and I'll have no output to my monitors. After awhile, sometimes seconds, sometimes minutes, it just fades in and starts playing like normal. It's usually fine after that. It's bizarre. I know it's not the monitors because I've A/Bd them when it's happening. Any ideas?
Old 8th August 2020
Here for the gear

I’ve been using a Pro40 for years and never had exactly this problem.

Sometimes when switching the “sync source” between adat and internal, I’ll have a momentary dropout in sound coming from the inputs, but never from a pro tools session or YouTube.
Old 8th August 2020
I just checked MixControl and the outputs are hitting there, so now I'm leaning towards it being a Windows issue.
Old 8th August 2020
Old 9th August 2020
Sunday bump
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXnotFix View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

First off: PT 12.8, Win10, Focusrite Pro 40

So I've been having this bizarre issue with my interface. At least, I think it's the interface, could be software I suppose. Basically, most times it's almost as if my output has to... warm up. I can load up a YouTube video, or a track in Pro Tools, whatever, and play it and I'll have no output to my monitors. After awhile, sometimes seconds, sometimes minutes, it just fades in and starts playing like normal. It's usually fine after that. It's bizarre. I know it's not the monitors because I've A/Bd them when it's happening. Any ideas?
You say "most times it's almost as if my output has to... warm up" That sounds more like a component in the interface, such as an bad capacitor having to charge before it has the potential to switch on another circuit. I could be wrong on that, but that's how some circuits work. You could try timing this to help confirm, as it would be along those lines, as an concept. a resistor/capacitor can and do make up timing circuits.
Old 10th August 2020
That would make sense if it was consistent. It only does it about half the time and it's at random, seemingly. It's definitely possible though.
Old 14th August 2020
Friday bump
Old 15th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXnotFix View Post
Friday bump
what version of MixControl are you using?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-de579071b401
Old 4 weeks ago
3.7. The latest Windows version
📝 Reply