The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Lucid 88192 STRANGE problem
Old 6th August 2020
Lucid 88192 STRANGE problem

Hi friends

I have a problem with my Lucid 88192 (connected via adat to a Mac Pro through RME Raydat): No signal goes out from channel nr.7.
In ProTools I created a mono audio track with a tone (1kHz) and I set the output to any Adat out (1-8). I can see channel meter goes on on the Lucid screen, but not when I set the track out to 7...

I thought "the unit is broken", so I tried the same thing with another unit (another 88192), but the problem is the same, always on channel 7...

Do you have any suggestions regarding any tests I can do to understand what the problem is?

Thanks

EDIT; No problem with ch7 IN. Just on out channel... Could It be a problem on adat cable?

Last edited by Simonluka; 7th August 2020 at 05:59 AM..
Old 8th August 2020
Here for the gear
Hi there,

I own a lucid 88192 aswell. Did you make sure to have a look at the internal routing possibilties of the lucid?

As far as I can remember the lucid is capable of routing outputs to analog out OR Aes Outputs. Check that first! I dont think the Adat cable is the problem here!

Alex
Old 9th August 2020
Here for the gear
Just have done a quick test for you:

Since Im running a Raydat + 88192 too, I can confirm that my unit doesnt behave like yours. I get a normal signal from all 8 outputs.

Make sure to check your routing in ProTools, TotalMix and the Lucid!
Fingers crossed!
Old 9th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by skkain View Post
Just have done a quick test for you:

Since Im running a Raydat + 88192 too, I can confirm that my unit doesnt behave like yours. I get a normal signal from all 8 outputs.

Make sure to check your routing in ProTools, TotalMix and the Lucid!
Fingers crossed!
Thanks for your answer.
The internal routing into Lucid should be ok: all ANALOG OUT go to ADAT IN and all ANALOG IN go to ADAT OUT.
So I think the problem is on RayDat routing.... I'm going crazy with TotalMix...
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonluka View Post
Thanks for your answer.
The internal routing into Lucid should be ok: all ANALOG OUT go to ADAT IN and all ANALOG IN go to ADAT OUT.
So I think the problem is on RayDat routing.... I'm going crazy with TotalMix...

Yeah, TotalMix is TotalFun haha
Just keep in mind that you have a drop down menue under any fader from the TotalMix mixer mixing pages [ hardware input, software playback & hardware output ] Lot's of routing options

At least you should see the input signal from the Lucids output in channel 7 in the hardware input channel on the top of the TotalMix
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonluka View Post
Hi,

it should be easy to find out.
During test signal playback from PT, you should see its modulation at respective level meter at bottom (output) row in TotalMix.
If meter for ADAT channel 7 (or 15, 23.. depending on which ADAT socket you're using to feed the converter) doesn't show any signal level, then you have bad routing before the 88192. Either in TotalMix or PT.

If other output channels are working, then in TotalMix, you just check particular, non-working channel is routed same way as other ones. So select (highlight) its submix by clicking to particular output fader. Then you should see what playback channels (from DAW) at the middle row goes there.
There should be just one fader for respective DAW output (eg. 7) at unity gain, others at zero. It is pretty straightforward.
Compare it to submixes for other working channels, maybe you just inadvertently muted it or lowered gain there.

Finally in PT look at its I/O setup. There you can also inadvertently affect mapping between PT output bus and particular ASIO or CoreAudio output going to TotalMix. But as you've said, the channel 8 is right and just 7 doesn't play anything, then it doesn't look like problem there, because by default your buses and channels are routed in stereo pairs.
But of course, if you have any doubts about routing there, you can always go through both output and bus tabs in I/O setup and verify everything there, possibly press default button, which will recreate all output devices and associated buses according with default names and routings.

Michal
Old 9th August 2020
Thanks for your answers friends.
Anyway the problem is here....
Please watch photos:
You can see my Lucid routing settings.
Then you can see what happens in TotalMix when I send sine out to PT CH8 (the same with CH 3,4,5,6) and when to PT CH7...

Sorry, I feel so stupid, but totalmix is ​​a torment to me....

EDIT: Ok, now WORKS!!!! I had to touch CH7 fader on Totalmix.....

Thank you very much BROS
Attached Thumbnails
Lucid 88192 STRANGE problem-img_20200809_115346.jpg   Lucid 88192 STRANGE problem-img_20200809_115355.jpg   Lucid 88192 STRANGE problem-ch7.jpg   Lucid 88192 STRANGE problem-ch8.jpg  
📝 Reply