The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What's the best way to get midi into an Apogee? not usB
Old 28th July 2020
What's the best way to get midi into an Apogee? not usB

I have a mother32, and I want to control it via my Apogee, Ableton, but it's not USB... my MS-20 and Minitaur work perfectly... but I really want the mother 32 to work because it has the step sequencer... I would really really appreciate some help

Also.. are apogee plug ins worth it? I just upgraded my bus compressor to a shelford channel and I've been debating getting the apogee plug ins because they work with the Apogee DSP... my CPU power is decent but I work with alot of software synths....

I really need to find a high quality REVERB with low CPU problems....

I wish I saved up for an Symphony and not an Ensemble btw.... just saying
Old 29th July 2020
Gear Head

I cant help with the Midi question but rather than looking at plugs for reverb, which you know are power hungry, why not have a look at some hardware units.

Bricasti is top of the tree but you could look at the IGS Springtime or the older Lexicon units.
Old 5th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Splinter View Post
I cant help with the Midi question but rather than looking at plugs for reverb, which you know are power hungry, why not have a look at some hardware units.

Bricasti is top of the tree but you could look at the IGS Springtime or the older Lexicon units.
Thanks, i just upgraded to a shelford channel today! LOVE IT... but now reverb... the next big deal with high quality recording... i like SmallPlate but it sounds cheap if the settings are too high...

I am desperately trying to keep CPU usage low since I incorporate a lot of analog synths and software controllers... lots of ableton crap, Komplete Kontrol Max MSP , so much extra crap!

i was thinking about getting the apogee VST deal... it's expensive for a risk though who knows how it compares to UAD? but the DSP would be on the Apogee... new things tend to be buggy tho too... im rambling...

I have around 2000 to spend on reverb.... i feel hesitant buying any digital equipment seeing as it loses its value very quickly.. any help?

oh and i only record at 192 kz... if that makes any diffrerence... sorry if i sound like a noob!
Old 5th August 2020
whoah ANALOG [email protected]??? spring tho... really like plate reverb
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spano View Post
Thanks, i just upgraded to a shelford channel today! LOVE IT... but now reverb... the next big deal with high quality recording... i like SmallPlate but it sounds cheap if the settings are too high...

I am desperately trying to keep CPU usage low since I incorporate a lot of analog synths and software controllers... lots of ableton crap, Komplete Kontrol Max MSP , so much extra crap!

i was thinking about getting the apogee VST deal... it's expensive for a risk though who knows how it compares to UAD? but the DSP would be on the Apogee... new things tend to be buggy tho too... im rambling...

I have around 2000 to spend on reverb.... i feel hesitant buying any digital equipment seeing as it loses its value very quickly.. any help?

oh and i only record at 192 kz... if that makes any diffrerence... sorry if i sound like a noob!
In the $1-2K range for hardware reverb, there are only a few choices.
Lexicon PCM92/96
Old lex units. The PCM70 is famous for it's plate. Units are old and failing, cost a bit to maintain. But they are liked enough that they can be maintained.
Used TCE 5000 (Risky, they die) (4000's are rare reverb only version)
Eventide flagships units, Eclipse is a lower end unit
Spring units (I don't know much about these, never liked em)

This assumes you would be running analog to your converters.
Old 9th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spano View Post
I have a mother32, and I want to control it via my Apogee, Ableton, but it's not USB... my MS-20 and Minitaur work perfectly... but I really want the mother 32 to work because it has the step sequencer... I would really really appreciate some help
Here's a USB to midi cable:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...midi-interface
📝 Reply