The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Magix Sound Forge and IK Multimedia combine to...
Old 24th July 2020
Magix Sound Forge and IK Multimedia combine to...

...cause a pretty significant problem which neither company wants to address, it would seem.

This is on a Windows 10 64 bit set up, with an i7 4790k.

Open any file audio file in Sound Forge Audio Studio 14 or Pro (it is also the case in version 13).

Choose a segment of that audio to process, or the entire audio file, with an IK Multimedia T-Racks 5 VST plugin (be it VST2 or VST3).

Once the VST effect is applied to that segment or complete file, the first few seconds of the segment (or the complete file) is now muted/silent.

Several months ago I contacted IK Multimedia support about this to confirm the issue, which they did, and they said they'd look into it. Still not heard back after them confirming the issue.

I contact Magix in early May, opened a ticket. They also said they'd look into it and get back to me. They closed the ticket without getting back to me.

Cannot say I'm impressed with either company. NOT because they haven't been able to solve the issue between them, but because both companies have not done what they said they would and keep me informed. IK Multimedia knew about this issue many months ago, and have ignored my email I sent a short while ago asking for an update. Magix have closed the ticket without having the issue looked into and have now made it impossible for me to chase it up as my software is not registered on their site/my account according to their site overnight. If it wasn't registered initially, I couldn't have opened the ticket with them in early May.....

Has anyone else had this particular problem?

Last edited by Lasperanza; 24th July 2020 at 11:12 AM..
Old 9th August 2020
Here for the gear

Yes. Same thing. First 30 seconds or so disappears.
📝 Reply