The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
macOS Big Sur (version 11): Share your experiences
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymedawg View Post
I sincerely hope Apogee folks reading this. Consider this an open letter to you Apogee.
Hah they should've done what SoundToys did. Put out a press release that basically says 'Well our plugins seem to work but we're still testing so dont take this as a good to go just yet'.

BTW - Logic isn't $200 for life. When 11.0 comes out, you're paying another $200 for the update.
Old 14 hours ago | Show parent
Airwindows

I've got a user who's reporting Big Sur troubles: namely, he's got my plugins (which are generic interface AUs being run in Logic) instantiating, but he's not able to manipulate the sliders under Big Sur.

This is of course a bit of a challenge for me as my plugins don't DRAW their interfaces: much like generic VSTs, they communicate to the DAW which then draws the controls in whatever way it pleases.

I'm seeing a lot of 'everything is fine!' reports regarding many plugins with much more challenging hosting requirements than mine. Is anybody experiencing failure on Big Sur in a situation where they're turning off the GUI and trying to run the plugins directly? I think AULab used to be able to do that? I'm understandably real curious if Apple managed to break fundamental things about CoreAudio…
Old 9 hours ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post

BTW - Logic isn't $200 for life. When 11.0 comes out, you're paying another $200 for the update.
So you know that for sure?
Logic X came out in 2015 - all the upgrades have been free so far.
So "if" there is an update 5 years of free upgrades is still hard to beat.
Given Apples past record on Logic I would be surprised of they charge for the next version. Apple uses hardware to give out cheap or free software.
My first version of Logic that I purchased (2003) was a lot more that $200 - so at this point I way ahead of the curve
Old 8 hours ago | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S;15****71
So you know that for sure?
Logic X came out in 2015 - all the upgrades have been free so far.
So "if" there is an update 5 years of free upgrades is still hard to beat.
Given Apples past record on Logic I would be surprised of they charge for the next version. Apple uses hardware to give out cheap or free software.
My first version of Logic that I purchased (2003) was a lot more that $200 - so at this point I way ahead of the curve
Its the way its always been. Logic Pro X came out in 2013 actually. All of the updates so far have been for Logic Pro 10.. When 11 comes out, this isn't an 'update' this is an 'upgrade'. Users paid for X when it came out, Logic 9 users were not given the upgrade for free. Final Cut Pro users never get new versions free, they pay for those as well. If by some miracle its free this time, Apple changed their normal policy. They don't give out new versions of anything unless its the free apps that come with the Mac like Pages, Numbers, etc.. Their "professional" software is a paid upgrade when new versions come out just like everyone else does (except Steinberg who like to charge people for .5 updates from time to time).

Ive heard its like pulling teeth getting a refund/exchange with Apple even if you happen to buy something and they release the new version the very next day.
📝 Reply