The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Zoom UAC-2 and TRRS earphones
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Zoom UAC-2 and TRRS earphones

Hi everybody. So I got myself a Zoom UAC-2 audio interface. Straight out the box I connected my Xiaomi Pistons Pro earphones in the bigger jack adapter, and then left me disappointed because only one earbud would work and even with all sort of noises or no sound at all. I tried other earphones and headphones, and noticed that it works great with TRS jacks, instead of the Xiaomi type (TRRS) with the microphone. The adaptor used is TRS. Does it have a possible explanation to yours? Thanks
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Yes, that's quite common issue. Just recently I've seen similar problem, when my sister would like to use earbuds with TRRS at her practice bass amp.
The problem is in internal contact of 3.5->6.3mm adapter. As headphone jack is TRRS and adapter has rather narrow internal spring contacts, it doesn't touch the smaller jack at right places. So it wont fit well and there is either just intermittent contact, or it touches the second (microphone) ring.
There are some TRS to TRRS adapters, but unfortunately those are primarily meant for connection of microphone, so it doesn't have contact at right pole.

Maybe there is something out there (I don't know.. at Ali Express or so), but I haven't seen that. So there is one option to solder your own adapter from TRS male and TRRS female connectors and piece of cable. Or ditch those mobile phone cans with microphone and use something with normal solid stereo connector.

Michal
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear