The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Problems with WDM handling on UFXII interface
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Problems with WDM handling on UFXII interface

Hi! I came from mackie 1640i to ufxII, everything else is millenials ahead of my rusty mixer except rme has poorer handling of wdm and its driving me crazy, sometimes it even makes my ears bleed if I have my main amp turned all the way up.

My new interface is really picky about sample rate changes, often if I change sample rate to example from 96khz to 48khz or anyway around, my interface will start to produce really loud digital electric humming noise during playback and it will continue about 5 sec after i've stopped playback and so on.

digital noise goes away if I open for example asio using program like Kontakt which I've routed to a different asio channel through windows mixer.. weird thing is that the problem comes back as soon as kontakt closes. So I have to restart my interface or change sample rate back to where I first changed from.

Do you experience same problem(s) with different manufacturers audio interfaces and/or with Rme's?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict
check with them on their forum or directly with support.
I'm now on my 3rd RME interface and couldn't be happier (also wdm doesn't have a problem )
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear