The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Seeking an analog USB mixer that records USB post fader, works in win10?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Seeking an analog USB mixer that records USB post fader, works in win10?

Hello all
This is a long post because I may have no clue what I am talking about. I am coming from a Mackie analog mixer plugged in to an M-audio delta soundcard so the software instruments, asio drivers thing is all new.
As the subject says, I am looking for an all in one analog USB mixer, 12 16 channels. I know there are many that are similar out there, Soundcraft Signature, Presonus Studiolive AR, Yamaha MG XU, Tascam model, Zoom L12, (older Mackie Onyx 1640I) ETC. I want it to do a few very specific things.
Since I am blind, I of course would like as many analog controls as possible. Some of the asio control panel software in windows is accessible with a talking screen reader, I know Soundcraft and Yamaha are. Another example is a physical switch on the Zoom L12 to adjust sample rate. I can't use that one however since I have an AMD chipset and mixer doesn't support AMD.
First, want to record USB post fader. So, whatever the master fader volume is set to is what will be recorded. If I am listening through speakers connected to main outs and headphones connected to those speakers, I would hear whatever the audience would hear when streaming.
Second, would like my screen reader to be monitored but not recorded. I know I can send it through an AUX but it would be nice if I can just use speakers/headphones mentioned above. The screen reader programs have an option to be sent through any sound device in windows, computer soundcard, mixer ETC.
I assume when streaming on say facebook that I would use OBS with Mixer selected as source and microphone/instruments connected to input channels.
In windows, blind users have access to DAWS Reaper and Samplitude. I am also using Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol keyboards which have a talking mode. So I would like a stable ASIO driver.
I also assume that if I want to demo komplete as a stream through OBS, it won't work since OBS and a DAW will fight for control of audio?
It sounds like the soundcraft signature 12 MTK will do what I want. Virtual USB channels 13 and 14 send post fader through USB from what the recording guide said. I would love to have access to a multitrack interface but only if it was post fader. The soundcraft multitrack is not of course but since USB 13 14 is supposedly stereo mix post, I would pay the extra money.
In reading forums including threads on here, users have mentioned bad performance with the Asio drivers with large sound libraries and varius plug ins. On top of that, there are 2 versions of the soundcraft driver, v3.20 and 3.23. No clue when they were last updated or which would work better.
A blind musician on a sampletude list I'm on just got one, I will pick his brains about it.
I could go a little crazy and try to get a PCI or PCIE internal firewire card for a Mackie Onyx 1640i. Blind users over the years said it was the best in terms of physical control access and you can route anything just about anywhere. Worried about win10 compatibility.
Any suggestions, thoughts, opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear