The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Abbey Road Saturator by Waves. How to build one?
Old 27th June 2020
Abbey Road Saturator by Waves. How to build one?

This plug in is amazing! how would i go on about building one with other plug ins with a different saturator?

eq > band specific compressor > band specific expander > saturation unit > eq?

the 'Compander' is what's got me confused. i have no idea what's going on in there...

i have other distortion/coloration units i want to put through the same chain! help me out!
Old 27th June 2020
Lives for gear

I've never used the Abbey Road Saturator but from looking at its GUI it appears that you can turn the saturation module off.
Wouldn't that do the trick?
Load AR Saturator. Turn the saturation off and leave the post EQ neutral. Follow up with whatever distortion/saturation you want and follow with whatever EQ you want (I'm sure the post/pre EQ on this is nothing special).
Old 27th June 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Man View Post
I've never used the Abbey Road Saturator but from looking at its GUI it appears that you can turn the saturation module off.
Wouldn't that do the trick?
Load AR Saturator. Turn the saturation off and leave the post EQ neutral. Follow up with whatever distortion/saturation you want and follow with whatever EQ you want (I'm sure the post/pre EQ on this is nothing special).

that would work! i would like to also understand what exactly's going on in there as well so i could build the chain with other plug ins.
Old 28th June 2020
anyone know what the 'Compander' is doing in detail?
Old 28th June 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by andwutt View Post
anyone know what the 'Compander' is doing in detail?
Sounds like a compressor/expander. Expands (raises level) anything above threshold, compresses (everything above threshold)? Now my head hurts...
📝 Reply