The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Microphone Making Crackling/Popping Noise On Applications
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Microphone Making Crackling/Popping Noise On Applications

Hi everyone,

I am currently using a Scarlett 2i2 and a Rode Procaster and I just had an issue with my microphone setup where I would be using Discord, Teamspeak, etc and other people would be hearing a crackling/popping noise when I speak. This happens at random times and it isn't consistent.

However if I direct monitor the audio; I hear no issues with the sound coming from the mic. When I record audio using the mic there is no issues as well.

I have up to date drivers and everything. And I even swapped out XLR cables and the same problem remains. On Windows settings and application settings, I turn off any extra settings that may let other applications change the mic sound.

The sample rate is set to 48000 and the buffer size is at 192 on the Focusrite Control software.

Is this an issue with the hardware itself? Or is this a software issue where applications cannot handle a higher quality mic or something?

Thank you so much for helping me out!
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear