The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Should I upgrade my audio interface?
Old 2 weeks ago
Should I upgrade my audio interface?

I have an old school Komplete Audio 6. The original one, bought when they first arrived on the scene....

Lately, I've been having to unplug it, and plug it back in, and I feel like it just doesn't have the functionality it used to have. Like its just, "aged," or something...

I'm thinking the USB 3.1 UR22c by Steinberg.

Thoughts?

I mean, I can make it work with my current interface. Do you think the upgrade is worth it? Would newer tech make that much of a diff?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

If you work only with midi maybe you would see no differences.

If you ,instead, record live instruments maybe you can take advantage of the new preamps, even if they are not the top ones...
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab4 View Post
If you work only with midi maybe you would see no differences.

If you ,instead, record live instruments maybe you can take advantage of the new preamps, even if they are not the top ones...

I'm working with audio (and some midi. I sample my synths). Actually, the preamps on my current interface are something very high end, I forgot what. but I remember NI went out of their way to put crazy preamps on it, and they had the money to develop and market something off the charts back then...

But I keep having to unplug and plug it back in. I think it is a windows 10 issue, and I highly doubt the driver will be updated...

Last edited by Wolf LeProducer; 2 weeks ago at 04:54 PM.. Reason: I want my pullitzer prize
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Taken from NI forum:

Try update the firmware :

Device Updater 1.7.0 - Windows

Please uninstall the driver and install it agin from here :

Komplete Audio 6 Driver 4.2.0 - Windows 7 and above

note you need to be logged in to your NI account to be able to download these files.
Old 2 weeks ago
I have the latest firmware version. but thanks...
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

The last thing you can try (before throw it away) is to install Asio drivers.

Also try to disable any Wifi card in your Pc and every Nvidia audio peripherals.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear