The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Computer/Windows 10 dont find Pcie SSL Mardi Card
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Computer/Windows 10 dont find Pcie SSL Mardi Card

Hello!
Some time ago I bought two SSL Alphalink cards, and a SSL mardi pcie card. But when Windows 10 starts it dont find the pcie card in devicemanager.
So its not working.. Im I wrong, but shouldent the card show up in Windows devicemanager?
What I have heard, it would work to use SSL alphalink in windows 10 and cubase.
/ Daniel
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

The SSL Madi Xtreme is not compatible with Win 10. The drivers havenโ€™t been update for 5 years or so. Mine runs on Mac OS High Sierra but itโ€™s unsupported and occasional the card is not seen by the computer. The last stable OSโ€™s were Win 7 & Mac OS 10.7. Itโ€™s unlikely SSL will update the drivers so the product line is dead on modern OSโ€™s.

https://solidstatelogic.zendesk.com/...258-MadiXtreme
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hello!
Ok, but is it possible to get it to work only in cubase?
Is it a option to use the ssl alphalink as a standalone adat converter to my focusrite saffire 56?
/ Daniel
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hello again!
Would it be possible to skip the pcie card and use this insted.
https://www.rme-audio.de/digiface-usb.html

Is it possible to use this rme as a audiodriver in cubase, and get 32 in/output?
/Daniel
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry10 View Post
Hello again!
Would it be possible to skip the pcie card and use this insted.
https://www.rme-audio.de/digiface-usb.html

Is it possible to use this rme as a audiodriver in cubase, and get 32 in/output?
/Daniel
The RME Digiface USB talks to Win10 with its ASIO driver, and therefore *any* DAW will be able to use the 32 in/out channels (at 48k or 44.1k) presented by the RME.

I see that you have an SSL Alphalink, and a Focusrite Liquid Saffire. Using one or the other into the Digiface is a straightforward use of the ADAT ports.

If you want to use both the SSL and the Focusrite concurrently, then clocking source/follower issues arise, and there's some port-specific and model-specific strategy that we'll have to think through to make it all work.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Have you thought about the RME HDSPe MADI or HDSPe MADIFX to interface with the Alpha Link?
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hello!
Does anyone know hos to setup the alpha link in adat standalone mode if i want to connect it to my focusrite saffire 56 for more inputs and outputs?
The is some kind of meny if you press the clock/samplerate button during setup. But I dont understand how to do in that meny?
/Daniel
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_O_P View Post
Have you thought about the RME HDSPe MADI or HDSPe MADIFX to interface with the Alpha Link?
Yes, but its expensive ?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

From my experience anything that has an x64 win 7 driver will run fine on windows 10. I' ve just installed vista x64 driver for an old M audio FW610 and it runs amazing at 64 samples.

Do you have fast start enabled in windows 10? it's usually enabled by default that might be the culprit.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...dows-10-a.html

Try disabling that.

also what's you computer spec? if it's very recent PCIe4 spec try dropping it to PCI 3 in your BIOS. and try turning off fast boot in your BIOS too to see if the card gets recognised.

M
๐Ÿ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
โ™พ๏ธ Similar Threads
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear