The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reverse Latency on 24ai/ao windows 10 protools
Old 2 weeks ago
Reverse Latency on 24ai/ao windows 10 protools

My external FX were sounding weird, so I decided to test latency. When I loop a track through external hardware and record it, I'm getting NEGATIVE latency to the tune of 150-250ms depending on which hardware I'm routing through. In other words, the newly recorded track plays EARLIER than the original. What the hell is going on? Seems like protools is overcompensating for latency. perhaps its not communicating well with the Motu drivers? Has anyone seen this before?
Windows 10.
Motu 24ai 24ao
Protools 2019
Old 2 weeks ago
I've done some more testing and found that the higher my audio interface buffer size, the more NEGATIVE latency on my recorded track.

If I loop sound out and back into my interface, the resulting track is earlier than the original. The high my buffer size the earlier it is.

Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this issue? It's beyond weird
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Do you have any busses in the project with disabled plug ins on them? Actually--any busses with plug ins in the project at all? If so completely remove them. The plug ins ON the busses, that is....try it again.
Old 2 weeks ago
I don't have any buses. Just 2 tracks. One with the original track, and one that I'm recording the new track to.
Old 2 weeks ago
... i do have the output input pair setup as both an insert and an input to the new track... Maybe that's causing protools to double the latency comp. Will check tomorrow...
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear