The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Melodyne vs Revoice
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Melodyne vs Revoice

Hi!

I´ve been using Celemony Melodyne for years, but are getting mails from Synchroarts about Revoice Pro deals. Now it´s time to either upgrade to Melodyne 5 or Revice Pro 4.

Anyone here with experience with both? Pro and cons? Are there any good arguments for having both?

Skrinsen
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrinsen View Post
Hi!

I´ve been using Celemony Melodyne for years, but are getting mails from Synchroarts about Revoice Pro deals. Now it´s time to either upgrade to Melodyne 5 or Revice Pro 4.

Anyone here with experience with both? Pro and cons? Are there any good arguments for having both?

Skrinsen
Tough question, I use Revoice Pro 4 since a couple of years and love it, for vocal aligning (in bulks), de-essing and for vocal tuning. I preferred the Revoice tuning algorithm a lot to Melodyne Studio 4 (which I also have since a couple of years). I definitely used Melodyne for polyphonic stuff, because Revoice can't do that, and for tuning kicks etc., but never for vocal tuning. Revoice just felt and sounded better in my opinion. But now I have tested Melodyne 5 and I have to say that I love it. The new tuning macro is absolutely great, sounds fantastic. Also love the other new features (low frequency kick detection, leveling etc.). Means: I will upgrade to 5 definitely. But I wouldn't want to miss Revoice either. Each of them has their strength (Revoice: really fast aligning of bgvs and doubles), both sound very good. You will need both in the end :-)
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Revoice sounds better than melodyne 4 (haven't tried 5) for timing and tuning, to my ears at least.

On both my machine though it's always been a pretty non responsive, slow, fragile software
Using it feels painful to me unfortunately, even the mouse feels sluggish using it, support just seems to have ignored my request for help, that's unfortunate...
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear