The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
gain staging: from audio interface into iphone 7?!
Old 2 weeks ago
gain staging: from audio interface into iphone 7?!

Neumann U87 -- > Universal Audio 2-610 preamp -- > Apogee Ensemble converter.. now I need to go from that into an iphone 7. Can I just take the left and right quarter inch out from Apogee and use an adapter to plug into the iphone?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

IK Multimedia iStream would solve this in the right way, but you can use a cable like this:
Attached Thumbnails
gain staging: from audio interface into iphone 7?!-60719427709__5a707c41-46b4-4e68-a7de-ce4d025d3a79.jpeg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixHitz View Post
IK Multimedia iStream would solve this in the right way, but you can use a cable like this:
That cable is only 1 channel, I got L and R coming out from my Apogee Ensemble

Also IK Multimedia iStream would be used as an audio interface? Apogee Ensemble is higher end and I already have it, why do I need a 2nd interface?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Remember the iphone audio jack is a 4 pole connection that allows for output and input, it's not a simple as just plugging in a 1/4 to 3.5 y-cable. I have a twitch channel with millions of views and we have artists do live performances from multiple locations. Some go straight from DJ equipment, some from their interfaces into the iStream without issue. It's a very trouble-free way to get it done. A lot of DJ's and such that are using a cable are using that exact cable setup that I made and are very aware it's mono. This is the full picture:
Attached Thumbnails
gain staging: from audio interface into iphone 7?!-60719423146__e1161fd4-6169-4ea5-87eb-fd0e9b36f724.jpeg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Do you thing that Y cable is gonna give me worse quality than the istream or same thing?

Last edited by mustardeer; 2 weeks ago at 03:11 AM..
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear