The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kontakt Player and font size
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Kontakt Player and font size

Hi everyone - I hope you are all doing well. I am new here and just today downloaded Kontakt Player as I am interested in purchasing a few third party libraries

Although I can resize the Kontakt Player window somewhat (height width), I have not found any way to increase the font size or scale the window

Are either of these options available?

I am using an Apple XDR Display and cannot see myself working in Kontakt if the typeface remains small

Thank you.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicEsquire View Post
Hi everyone - I hope you are all doing well. I am new here and just today downloaded Kontakt Player as I am interested in purchasing a few third party libraries

Although I can resize the Kontakt Player window somewhat (height width), I have not found any way to increase the font size or scale the window

Are either of these options available?

I am using an Apple XDR Display and cannot see myself working in Kontakt if the typeface remains small

Thank you.
It is a common complaint about Kontakt. You can only size up so much.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker View Post
It is a common complaint about Kontakt. You can only size up so much.

I wonder if ophthalmologists had a say in keeping the typeface so small
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What I do is use Apple's Accessibility controls in System Preferences to select a modifier key that will allow you to quickly zoom the screen using a two-finger trackpad swipe, the mouse wheel, or the scroll ring on your trackball (which is what I use). Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom and set it up as in the pic below.

I also use two displays - my main one (in the center) is a 4k 32" display, but the ones on either side are 2560 x 1440, so their dot pitch is much larger. If I drag a plugin window from my center display to either of the ones on the side, everything gets much bigger and easier to read.
Attached Thumbnails
Kontakt Player and font size-gestures.png  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieclouser View Post
What I do is use Apple's Accessibility controls in System Preferences to select a modifier key that will allow you to quickly zoom the screen using a two-finger trackpad swipe, the mouse wheel, or the scroll ring on your trackball (which is what I use). Go to System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom and set it up as in the pic below.

I also use two displays - my main one (in the center) is a 4k 32" display, but the ones on either side are 2560 x 1440, so their dot pitch is much larger. If I drag a plugin window from my center display to either of the ones on the side, everything gets much bigger and easier to read.

Thank you - I use a trackpad so this should help - although still unsure how a scaleable GUI is beyond the ken of NI
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you - I use a trackpad so this should help - although still unsure how a scaleable GUI is beyond the ken of NI
Yes, it is a sucky situation with Kontakt - the UI has not changed much since the days of 1024 x 768 displays, when it wasn't such a big deal. Now that we have displays with teensy-tiny dot pitches it's become much more of an issue.

But using Kontakt is a must if you want access to many of the big, complex orchestral libraries out there - although we're seeing some of the biggest sample library developers (Spitfire and Orchestral Tools so far) bringing out their own engines to get out from under the yoke of Kontakt.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yeah, so many companies are behind the times when it comes to their older plugins that were originally made for older display resolutions, and their plugins are only getting smaller and smaller as display resolution increases.

I was so glad when Korg recently updated all of their old plugins. I hadn't used them in years, not because of their sound, I like their sound, but because of the tiny display size.

When I am buying any new plugin these days, sound is of course a high priority, but any plugin that is too small on my monitor is a plugin that I don't even consider getting.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

And the OP has an Apple XDR display, ouch!

I have not used that and I'm sure it's an awesome display, but it's 6K.

Devs really need to step up their game, as many have plugins that aren't even useable on a 4k display.

I mentioned this in another thread recently, but soon we'll all probably be sitting with 8k monitors. Hopefully most companies will have been able to update all of their plugins by then.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBX-80 View Post
And the OP has an Apple XDR display, ouch!

I have not used that and I'm sure it's an awesome display, but it's 6K.

Devs really need to step up their game, as many have plugins that aren't even useable on a 4k display.

I mentioned this in another thread recently, but soon we'll all probably be sitting with 8k monitors. Hopefully most companies will have been able to update all of their plugins by then.

It is a beautiful monitor but, trying to view Kontakt is not easy
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is a beautiful monitor but, trying to view Kontakt is not easy
I can imagine.

I have Kontakt also and I have the same complaints as you and I'm only on a 4K monitor.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBX-80 View Post
I can imagine.

I have Kontakt also and I have the same complaints as you and I'm only on a 4K monitor.
I am so used to being able to resize windows - when I first opened Kontakt Player this evening after installing it I was quite perplexed
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search