The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Free Channel Strip Plug-In?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Free Channel Strip Plug-In?

Hey, anyone know of a good + free channel strip plug-in, with both compression and EQ? AU or VST, compatible with Mojave. I've looked around and don't find many inspiring options. For reference, I use a lot of TDR, Klanghelm, and Valhalla (favorite GUI by far). Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

http://deadducksoftware.blogspot.com...annel.html?m=1

This one is fine.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Thanks, but that appears to be Windows only.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Sorry, I should have read better...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Hi, just see this randomly https://www.hornetplugins.com/ (HoRNet SW34EQ MK2). I don't own it, and not demo it either but i readed many good things about their plugins.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Or just wait for those $29 sale on Waves plugins. Personally I thing the Klanghelm MJUV MKII is better on a bus than most of the emulations I own. Just use only -1db of compression.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Why strip? Just use separate EQ and compressor.

BTW, Nova is a great channel strip, as you can use wideband compression plus use one of the bands for, say, de-esser... it is very clean, very low distortion, so it wont replace FET-style compression in some situations, but hey, not so many strips that have 1176-style comp...

I do not know any good and free channel strip for mac besides Nova, actually, and it works better than many expensive ones!

Yet i know a couple of reasonably-priced good channels, like TBPro Audio 5501, which is absolutely cool. Same is DDMF Strip.
Old 1 week ago
You just missed the Plugin Alliance voucher orgy, they have some amazing channel strips and they were all $29, they still do frequent flash sales etc. If you literally want free like all the way free, the Analog Obsession dude has put a truck load of free plugins on his patreon, including a channel strip: https://www.patreon.com/posts/britchannel-34306171 no idea if it's any good but some people here rave about his plugins.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.Lastima View Post
Hey, anyone know of a good + free channel strip plug-in, with both compression and EQ? AU or VST, compatible with Mojave. I've looked around and don't find many inspiring options. For reference, I use a lot of TDR, Klanghelm, and Valhalla (favorite GUI by far). Thanks!
Forget about one plug-in and about fav GUIs and embrace the sound of Airwindows plug-ins in series. Support Chris when you can. The only problem is it takes time to get into these as there are so many. I do one at a time and listen. Then I smile.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael B View Post
embrace the sound of Airwindows plug-ins in series.
I've given his stuff a look on a couple of different occasions, and it just doesn't do it for me. I know he gets much props from the community. I have to admit, I might have an easier time getting into it if his videos were 5 minutes instead of 500 hours.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
Why strip? Just use separate EQ and compressor.

BTW, Nova is a great channel strip
Regarding one vs. two plugs, it's just a workflow thing. It's just nice to have the main utilities on one window.

Regarding Nova: Yes! I think I've shied away from this because I read that it was high on CPU usage, but I do mostly small channel counts, anyway. I should definitely be using this more often and getting familiar enough with it to leverage the powerful feature set.

Turns out the good answer is something I already have. Duh. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Regarding one vs. two plugs, it's just a workflow thing. It's just nice to have the main utilities on one window.

Regarding Nova: Yes! I think I've shied away from this because I read that it was high on CPU usage, but I do mostly small channel counts, anyway. I should definitely be using this more often and getting familiar enough with it to leverage the powerful feature set.

Turns out the good answer is something I already have. Duh. Thanks for the reminder!
BTW, it is not so high on CPU at all, comparing to other strips (i had a demos of everything from Plugin Alliance), and it does everything including expanding in a very nice way.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Zvokofor, do you use the free or paid version of Nova?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Zvokofor, do you use the free or paid version of Nova?
A free one, but i have all paid Slick EQs, they totally worth a lot more then TDLabs asks for them! I just do not use “surgical” EQing that much to buy full Nova.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I have three channel strip plugins that I really, really like, and none of them was free, but I got each one for around $30 thanks to sales. (Really, really good sales.)

I honestly think my favorite of all of them is also the easiest to use, and that's the Waves REDD. It looks like it's only about $50 at the moment, and that's quite worth it for this thing, I love how it sounds on damn near anything.

During the Plugin Alliance mega-sale at the beginning of this month I got the Brainworx Neve and SSL-G console emulators, and they're very very nice too. Not quite as quickly "plug-and-play" as the Waves REDD, but much more versatile, very powerful, and very very nice-sounding. I'm definitely a big fan of these. Worth waiting for a sale.
Old 1 week ago
Airwindows CStrip is amazing & free! With really smooth Eq & Filters, aswel as the amazingly transparent ButterComp!
Give it a try!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Well - the offers do come around so keep your eyes peeled!

I still can’t believe that I got Acustica Big Ceil AND Celestial free at Xmas time...so the offers are out there.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search